UPnP in Qubes

hut7no

Dec 23, 2019, 1:09:14 PM12/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have a setup like this:
AppVM -> FirewallVM -> NetVM -> internet
and want to be able to use UPnP for the AppVM.
Do any of you know how you would set this up in Qubes?

Claudia

Dec 23, 2019, 1:55:23 PM12/23/19
to hut7no, qubes...@googlegroups.com

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group.
> qubes-users...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/4800d296-0722-9b78-b16c-de83c5bfaffe@tt3j2x4k5ycaa5zt.
> nion.

I don't know, but I was actually wondering about this too. You mean for automatic port forwarding, right? I would imagine you can get a UPnP daemon that allows you to set commands to be run when a client requests port forwarding, and have it run qvm-firewall or iptables/nftables accordingly. You may have to write some glue code but it should be fairly simple.

See:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/
https://qubes-core-admin-client.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manpages/qvm-firewall.html
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/networking/
https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man5/upnpd.conf.5.html (Just an example. There are many implementations out there and this one may or may not be the best choice.)

If you find a solution, please follow up and share what you came up with.

hut7no

Dec 26, 2019, 9:24:26 AM12/26/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you for the info, I'll follow up if I solve it.