Install ttf-mscorefonts-installer on debian 11

roger paranoia

Aug 9, 2022, 10:00:33 AM8/9/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I would like to install ttf-mscorefonts-installer with the following command:

sudo apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

but as it privative stuff, it is not directly available in the regular repositories. It actually tries to connect to many urls so it can automate an install of those fonts.

I had the same problem with the "add-apt-repository" when trying to install additional repositories to the ubuntu bionic template (provided by unman) but I worked around the issue by manually downloaded keys from a connected appvm, transferring them to the template and manually adding them. It was a bit of a pain in the ass then but it just got worse since the "apt-key add" has been deprecated and now gpg is the way to do it. Is there any way to install the microsoft fonts and/or to install repositories that require wget to download keys?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew David Wong

Aug 10, 2022, 5:31:05 AM8/10/22
to roger paranoia, qubes...@googlegroups.com

roger paranoia

Sep 8, 2022, 1:32:26 PM9/8/22
to Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew

Sorry for the delay in the answer.
Thanks for your answer. In a way it helped because I just oriented templates according to how strictly I could isolate them from direct connection and less trusted software sources.