HCL - HP 820 G1

Mihai Genescu

Aug 28, 2014, 2:47:34 PM8/28/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
Thanks for Qubes OS!

HVM: Yes, windows and linux HVMs created
Qubes version: R2rc1 and R2rc2
Net+wireless net work, suspend works, sound works, fn+keys for suspend, wireless, brightness work.
Brightness hw keys (Fn+f9 and f10) did not work by default in R2rc1, I had to add a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf containing:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
    Driver      "intel"
    Option      "Backlight"       "intel_backlight" # use your backlight that works here
    BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection
...instructions found on the net.

USB devices work.

When it gets out of standby, the brightness is reset to 71 (although it was less when it entered standby)...but it can be changed again to the desired level.
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_EliteBook_820_G1-20140828-201754.txt

Jerry McCarthy

Jan 18, 2017, 9:28:38 AM1/18/17
to qubes-users, mihaig...@gmail.com
On Thursday, 28 August 2014 19:47:34 UTC+1, Mihai Genescu wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for Qubes OS!
>

> HVM: Yes, windows and linux HVMs created
> Qubes version: R2rc1 and R2rc2
> Net+wireless net work, suspend works, sound works, fn+keys for suspend, wireless, brightness work.
>
> Brightness hw keys (Fn+f9 and f10) did not work by default in R2rc1, I had to add a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf containing:Section "Device"
> Identifier "Intel Graphics"
> Driver "intel"
> Option "Backlight" "intel_backlight" # use your backlight that works here
> BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
> EndSection...instructions found on the net.

> USB devices work.
>
> When it gets out of standby, the brightness is reset to 71 (although it was less when it entered standby)...but it can be changed again to the desired level.

Hi, Have you managed to upgrade/install Qubes-Os 3.2 on your HP Elitebook 820 G1?

Regards,
Jerry