KDE on 4.1

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 2:41:49 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The procedure to install KDE in 4.1 doesn't seem to work, is that
expected behavior?

"sudo qubes-dom0-update @kde-desktop-qubes" from
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/.

As a side note. After installing 4.1 running with xfce like I did on 4.0
I have the entire interface darkified except Qubes Manager, it will not
go dark. I do however have Qubes Manager darkified on my 4.0 install but
I cannot remember specifically how I did it. I have a faint memory that
I tried KDE on 4.0 which does make Qube Manager dark but later I removed
KDE from 4.0 however Qubes Manager remained dark. Any ideas?

unman

Jul 19, 2022, 5:46:12 AM7/19/22
to Qubes, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 08:41:40AM +0200, Qubes wrote:
> The procedure to install KDE in 4.1 doesn't seem to work, is that expected
> behavior?

Yes, the group isn't present.
qubes-dom0-update kde-settings-qubes

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 5:49:12 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Is this the way of installing KDE now which means the documentation must
be updated or is this just a workaround?

unman

Jul 19, 2022, 7:24:08 AM7/19/22
to Qubes, qubes...@googlegroups.com
The documentation is in transition from 4.0 to 4.1
This will be in the update.

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 7:26:24 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Also, would the correct procedure to remove KDE still be as per the
documentation,

"sudo dnf remove kdelibs plasma-workspace"

unman

Jul 19, 2022, 7:28:26 AM7/19/22
to Qubes, qubes...@googlegroups.com
dnf remove kde-settings-qubes

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 11:37:32 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Would the way in the documentation still apply to 4.0 or should the new
way now be used in 4.0 as well? Just asking for interest sake.

Qubes

Jul 19, 2022, 11:58:55 AM7/19/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> As a side note. After installing 4.1 running with xfce like I did on 4.0
> I have the entire interface darkified except Qubes Manager, it will not
> go dark. I do however have Qubes Manager darkified on my 4.0 install but
> I cannot remember specifically how I did it. I have a faint memory that
> I tried KDE on 4.0 which does make Qube Manager dark but later I removed
> KDE from 4.0 however Qubes Manager remained dark. Any ideas?

I can confirm that installing KDE, and darkifying it, makes Qubes
Manager go dark when logged in with xfce DM. I wonder if there is a
better way of getting Qubes Manager to go dark on xfce without
installing KDE?

I tried to make Qubes Manager dark the same way i use on my Debian
templates where i have Qt applications running like Krusader by
installing qt5ct and qt-qt5styleplugin (on Debian it is
qt5-style-plugins) but alas like on Fedora templates this method does
not work on Dom0 either.

Qubes

May 13, 2023, 6:48:11 PM5/13/23
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> 'unman' via qubes-users wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 01:26:13PM +0200, Qubes wrote:
>> Qubes wrote:

>>> Is this the way of installing KDE now which means the documentation must
>>> be updated or is this just a workaround?
>>>

>> Also, would the correct procedure to remove KDE still be as per the
>> documentation,
>>
>> "sudo dnf remove kdelibs plasma-workspace"
> dnf remove kde-settings-qubes

The [documentation](https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/) still shows the
procedure for removing KDE as `sudo dnf remove kdelibs
plasma-workspace`. Shouldn't this be updated to `sudo dnf remove
kde-settings-qubes`?