HCL - Lenovo Yoga 2 13"

VM

Sep 19, 2014, 4:11:29 PM9/19/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have successfully installed Qubes on Lenovo Yoga 2 13-inch (not pro).
It required patching of ideapad_laptop kernel module and building dom0
kernel in order to get wifi card working. The problem is not exclusive
to Qubes, it's in the upstream kernel code.

The chipset supports VT-x and XT-d, but not TXT. 8Gb of RAM has been
sufficient so far

Regards,
Vadim

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20344-20140919-203057.txt

him...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 4:19:51 AM12/15/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, va...@gmx.co.uk
Did you tried to passthrough the integrated VGA adapter to a guest using Xen?
Anyone else using Yoga 2 13" successfully with VT-d enabled?

conp...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 5:33:51 AM12/15/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, va...@gmx.co.uk, him...@gmail.com
On Monday, 15 December 2014 09:19:51 UTC, him...@gmail.com wrote:
> Did you tried to passthrough the integrated VGA adapter to a guest using Xen?

No. What would dom0 use then? You wouldn't see any other domain so what's the point. Qubes was not made for video and games on ultrabooks.

> Anyone else using Yoga 2 13" successfully with VT-d enabled?
If anyone needs help with getting wifi to work I'm happy to share my patches.

him...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 5:57:38 AM12/15/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, va...@gmx.co.uk, him...@gmail.com, conp...@gmail.com
On Monday, 15 December 2014 11:33:51 UTC+1, conp...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Did you tried to passthrough the integrated VGA adapter to a guest using Xen?
>
> No. What would dom0 use then? You wouldn't see any other domain so what's the point. Qubes was not made for video and games on ultrabooks.

You're right, but my question wasn't strictly related to qubes.
I thought you could have tried to passthrough the integrated VGA to an HVM guest even if that costs the video output of the dom0. It doesn't matter for me, I can access it other ways.

I'm just evaluating this possibility..

kol...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 1:49:08 PM12/11/15
to qubes-users, va...@gmx.co.uk
Vadim,
Could you please share you patches to make WiFi on Yoga work.
How-to step by step instruction to do it, if you mind, would be helpful too.
Regards,
Martin

V M

Dec 11, 2015, 2:01:01 PM12/11/15
to kol...@gmail.com, qubes-users, va...@gmx.co.uk
Qubes R3 doesn't require any patches. Enjoy!