TPM: Device not found (Lenovo P51, Qubes 4.x)

Dave C

Feb 3, 2018, 2:31:35 PM2/3/18
to qubes-users
I'm having trouble finding TPM troubleshooting tips. Any pointers?

I've installed 4.x RC4 on a Lenovo thinkpad P51. The HCL (attached) shows

TPM: Device not found

In the bios, TPM 2.0 is enabled.

Thanks in advance. -Dave

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20HHCTO1WW-20180203-093935.yml

Liam D. Gray

Jan 28, 2021, 12:10:23 AM1/28/21
to qubes-users
Dave, did you ever get TPM working on your P51?

I have the same exact model of P51 (20HHCTO1WW) and I love it. It's loaded up with 32GB RAM and 1TB NVMe SSD.  But I was hoping to use it with Qubes and TPM.

Sounds like Qubes didn't (and still doesn't?) support TPM 2.0: https://www.slideshare.net/PiotrKrl/qubes-os-and-tpm-20

I'm a firmware developer myself, though so far not on PCs yet.  I'm wondering if integrating support for TPM 2.0 is beyond my ability or more a matter of the very capable core maintainers being occupied with higher-priority stuff.  If it's the latter, perhaps I could try it...

Best,
Liam

Liam D. Gray

Jan 28, 2021, 12:33:02 AM1/28/21