HVM Mouse Emulation Options

fred_...@sigaint.org

May 7, 2016, 7:31:31 PM5/7/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I've installed an Android-based HVM (Remix OS). When installed on bare
metal, physical usb mice behave like normal desktop mice in the OS.

However, in the HVM, the cursor needs to be dragged around with the mouse.
I read previously on qubes-users that Qubes uses USB Tablet emulation.
Could that be the cause? Is it possible to use PS/2 emulation instead?

I'm not sure if this is more of a Xen topic than a Qubes one. Tried
searching for "xen virtual mouse usb tablet ps/2" with no success. Thanks
in advance!

Drew White

Jun 2, 2016, 2:33:42 AM6/2/16
to qubes-users, fred_...@sigaint.org

I have no issue with this. the cursor works normally for me. Wether it be x86 or x64 it doesn't matter.
I move the mouse and click and it works.

Perhaps there is some other issue with your PC/Virtual?

arthur....@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2016, 3:04:53 PM9/30/16
to qubes-users, fred_...@sigaint.org

I'm gonna necro this. I'm on 3.2, and I have the same problem. I actually couldn't get Remix to boot, so I used vanilla Android-x86. It boots, but no mouse. I also tried ChromeOS images by ArnoldTheBat, but those wouldn't boot, either. I've had a lot of problems getting HVMs to work (probably PEBKAC, but that's why I've never been a huge fan of Xen). Any settings I can fiddle with?

Torsten Grote

Sep 30, 2016, 4:46:43 PM9/30/16
to arthur....@gmail.com, qubes-users, fred_...@sigaint.org
On 09/30/2016 04:04 PM, arthur....@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm on 3.2, and I have the same problem. I actually couldn't get
> Remix to boot, so I used vanilla Android-x86.

Same here. Btw, the new CyanogenMod based image was released today and
it works nicely.

> It boots, but no mouse.

I have a mouse pointer, but also need to drag it around like described
in the beginning of this thread and that works rather badly.

> Any settings I can fiddle with?

I would also be very interested in getting the mouse to work properly,
so an Android x86 HVM can replace the Android emulator which is not
functional in Qubes.

Kind Regards,
Torsten