LG Gram 17" (2021) - reboots before I can see any error messages

Ed

Jul 5, 2021, 6:18:29 AM7/5/21
to qubes-users
Having trouble even booting on LG Gram 17" (2021) laptop - suspect a hardware/driver issue but the system reboots before I can read anything... Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Many thanks!

Ed

awokd

Jul 5, 2021, 4:58:35 PM7/5/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
'Ed' via qubes-users:
Check the docs here, in particular install & UEFI:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/#troubleshooting.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

Ed

Jul 6, 2021, 2:58:48 AM7/6/21
to qubes-users
Thanks! I managed to identify it's a problem with APIC and/or timer... But noapic doesn't seem to help - just get a reboot at some point during the kernel init...

Tried the 4.1 alpha, same problem with Xen?

awokd

Jul 6, 2021, 9:30:13 PM7/6/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
'Ed' via qubes-users:
> Thanks! I managed to identify it's a problem with APIC and/or timer... But
> noapic doesn't seem to help - just get a reboot at some point during the
> kernel init...
>
> Tried the 4.1 alpha, same problem with Xen?

Could be, Xen is often a bit behind the curve when it comes to leading
edge hardware. If it has an nvidia card, did you see the related
document? Last thing to try (but you probably have already) is to search
this mailing list and forum and HCL for other LG notebooks to see if
they encountered a similar problem and figured it out. Sorry, only have
generic advice on this one.