Translation Current State

mm

Jul 5, 2020, 7:30:39 PM7/5/20
to qubes-tr...@googlegroups.com, Marek Marczykowski, Marta Marczykowska-Górecka, Andrew David Wong, Tobias Killer, Michael Carbone
Hello everybody,

I hope all are doing good!

After an uncooperative laptop (thanks Marek & Marta!), pandemics,
personal matters, work and uni schedule, I finally have cleaned up the
translations qubes-os website and workflow.

Please excuse my long silence due to the list above!

I pushed the version from March already to

https://github.com/dysfuncia/qubesos.github.io/tree/fake-german-local-fixed-test
in May,

but there are some changes, so I pushed again today with somewhat
ordered commits to maiska:
https://github.com/maiska/qubesos.github.io.testrun +
https://github.com/maiska/qubes-doc.testrun

There are many changes to the previous version, but apart from fixes,
the most important ones are:

the documentation main page, doc.md is indexed now through a file in the
_data directory named index.yml.

This can be easily extended to the version of Andrew, where the
directory tree is of importance of building the indexed documentation
main page.
Also there are a few changes to the post-processing scripts & steps.

I described the whole matter more thorough in a step by step matter so
it can be more clear (I hope) in the wiki:
https://github.com/maiska/qubes-translation-orga/wiki/Current-State

I also tested somewhat thoroughly. Somewhat cause, yeah, it's not really
possible and htmlproofer is sloooooow. But I hope I got the most bad cases.

Apart from the described steps, there is a section at the bottom named
Further & ToDos.
Well, everything is important but what is very important (at least for
me, but i can also be the only one xD) is the cleaning up of the
markdown syntax.

So, if you are on board with it i can revise the rules one more time,
look into it further more,

check with you guys and start meditating, file by file with pull requests.

If I am correct there is another volunteer who would also enjoy meditating.

Thanks again for the patience! :)

I attached some external broken links.

Feel free to mail me with complaints, I think I should be more free from
my self imposed schedule the coming weeks.

All the best,

Maya

broken-links.txt

Marek Marczykowski

Jul 5, 2020, 8:27:07 PM7/5/20
to mm, qubes-tr...@googlegroups.com, Marta Marczykowska-Górecka, Andrew David Wong, Tobias Killer, Michael Carbone

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 07:26:45PM -0400, mm wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hi!

> I hope all are doing good!
>
> After an uncooperative laptop (thanks Marek & Marta!), pandemics, personal
> matters, work and uni schedule, I finally have cleaned up the translations
> qubes-os website and workflow.
>
> Please excuse my long silence due to the list above!

Thanks for doing all this work!

> I pushed the version from March already to
>
> https://github.com/dysfuncia/qubesos.github.io/tree/fake-german-local-fixed-test
> in May,
>
> but there are some changes, so I pushed again today with somewhat ordered
> commits to maiska:
> https://github.com/maiska/qubesos.github.io.testrun +
> https://github.com/maiska/qubes-doc.testrun
>
> There are many changes to the previous version, but apart from fixes, the
> most important ones are:
>
> the documentation main page, doc.md is indexed now through a file in the
> _data directory named index.yml.
>
> This can be easily extended to the version of Andrew, where the directory
> tree is of importance of building the indexed documentation main page.
> Also there are a few changes to the post-processing scripts & steps.
>
> I described the whole matter more thorough in a step by step matter so it
> can be more clear (I hope) in the wiki:
> https://github.com/maiska/qubes-translation-orga/wiki/Current-State

I've read through this page, but I haven't checked git repos yet. My
understanding is, the initial commits are cleanups (renaming
files, doc index, markdown syntax fixes etc) that can be integrated back
to qubes-doc/qubesos.github.io repositories now, regardless of actual
translation work, right?
If so, can you open a pull request with this part? Merging it early will
avoid conflicts if/when doc repositories will get other contributions.

> I also tested somewhat thoroughly. Somewhat cause, yeah, it's not really
> possible and htmlproofer is sloooooow. But I hope I got the most bad cases.

AFAIR htmlproofer is significantly faster if you disable checking
external links.

> Apart from the described steps, there is a section at the bottom named
> Further & ToDos.
> Well, everything is important but what is very important (at least for me,
> but i can also be the only one xD) is the cleaning up of the markdown
> syntax.
>
> So, if you are on board with it i can revise the rules one more time, look
> into it further more,
>
> check with you guys and start meditating, file by file with pull requests.
>
> If I am correct there is another volunteer who would also enjoy meditating.
>
> Thanks again for the patience! :)
>
> I attached some external broken links.
>
> Feel free to mail me with complaints, I think I should be more free from my
> self imposed schedule the coming weeks.
>
> All the best,
>
> Maya

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

mm

Jul 6, 2020, 3:41:33 AM7/6/20
to Marek Marczykowski, qubes-tr...@googlegroups.com, Marta Marczykowska-Górecka, Andrew David Wong, Tobias Killer, Michael Carbone

On 2020-07-05 20:26, Marek Marczykowski wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 07:26:45PM -0400, mm wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
> Hi!

Hello!
All right, I'll get to it this afternoon/ tomorrow midday at the latest.

>> I also tested somewhat thoroughly. Somewhat cause, yeah, it's not really
>> possible and htmlproofer is sloooooow. But I hope I got the most bad cases.
> AFAIR htmlproofer is significantly faster if you disable checking
> external links.
... xD