Notranslate

yaho...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 5:27:43 PM10/27/17
to qubes-translation
Hello,

In Transifex, we currently have 154 doc strings doc that are tagged notranslate. Since /doc/ strings should be localized (e.g. /de/doc/, /fr/doc/), I see a problem here. Why are these strings tagged so?

Best regards,

Alain-Olivier
French language coordinator
Localization Lab

blacklight

Oct 30, 2017, 5:30:48 AM10/30/17
to qubes-translation

hello Alain,

I am talking with Andrew about  this matter.  There is one specific thing with this issue that would need to be discussed.
We would have to decide to which extend the  /doc/ should be translated. i think that once we remove the notranslate tag, we need to make clear the only /fr/ should be added, and the /doc/ part should be left alone. A possible solution would be to remove the notranslate tag, and we would need to state in a translation guide that the /doc/ string should only have the /(insert country)/ added in front of it, resulting in for example /fr/doc/ or /es/doc/.
what are your thoughts on this?

cheers,
blacklight