Fwd: GSoC 2022 Org Applications open Feb 7-21

Michael Carbone

Jan 10, 2022, 4:31:45 AM1/10/22
to qubes-...@googlegroups.com
FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [GSoC Mentors] GSoC 2022 Org Applications open Feb 7-21
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:16:36 -0800 (PST)
From: 'sttaylor' via Google Summer of Code Mentors List
<google-summer-of-...@googlegroups.com>
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List
<google-summer-of-...@googlegroups.com>

Happy New Year!

We are excited to announce the full GSoC 2022 timeline
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>. With
Organization applications opening in a few weeks, February 7 - 21, we
wanted to remind everyone of the important changes to think about when
considering your application.

1. Be sure to have both ~175 hr projects and ~350 hour
projects that you would like GSoC contributors to work on included in
your Ideas List.
2. Reach out to your community members to ask if they would
like to be mentors for the program. This year with the option of
extending projects for up to 22 weeks we hope some of your community
members that weren’t able to participate before will be able to make
the more flexible schedule work for them.
Having a thorough and well thought out list of Project Ideas
<https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list>
is the most important part of your application.

You can check out the 2022 GSoC Org Application Short Answer Questions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OL62tQtj72NB94gsEiu8DsqQGmCJgnhVKiKWXruGd0o/edit?usp=sharing>
if you’d like to start preparing your responses in advance so you can
copy over your answers once the org applications open February 7 at
g.co/gsoc - there are a couple of different questions this year.

Please encourage other open source orgs to apply -- if you know of other
open source projects that may be interested in applying to GSoC as a
first time org please remind them to check out the available resources
below and have them put your org (or you) down as a reference when they
apply.

Open source projects can apply <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/> to
be mentoring organizations from February 7- 21 at 1800 UTC.

Resources:

Mentor Guide <https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/>

Timeline <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>

FAQs <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq>

Roles and Responsibilities
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/responsibilities>

Marketing Materials
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/marketing>
(slide deck, flyers)

Videos <https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/videos>

Best,

Stephanie

GSoC Program Admin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/644e37da-5c0f-4204-8290-84d0f2e819a4n%40googlegroups.com.

OpenPGP_signature

Michael Carbone

Feb 8, 2022, 4:36:42 PM2/8/22
to qubes-...@googlegroups.com, qubes-devel
hey all,

we'll be applying to GSoC this year (we previously participated in 2020
and 2017), and we'll want to update our list of GSoC ideas (and
prospective mentors for those ideas).

please check them out and feel free to add new ones:

https://www.qubes-os.org/gsoc/

and feel free to propose ideas on the list & discuss them here.

thanks,
Michael
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

PGP fingerprint: D3D8 BEBF ECE8 91AC 46A7 30DE 63FC 4D26 84A7 33B4
my.pronoun.is/they
OpenPGP_signature

Andrew David Wong

Mar 6, 2022, 6:39:17 PM3/6/22
to qubes-...@googlegroups.com, qubes-devel
Hi all,

Unfortunately, the Qubes OS Project was not selected for GSoC this year
(see forwarded email below). Thank you to everyone who helped with
updating our ideas list and who volunteered to participate. We look
forward to applying again next year.