Manual steps to create netvm etc.

Steve Szmidt

Aug 20, 2011, 2:15:41 PM8/20/11
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Using beta 1 to install, the only option that does not hang me forever is to only have it only create dom0 and Fedora. This means netvm and the (firewallvm) are not created for me.

Pouring through the docs I've not been able to find enough data to know what I'm doing.

I started with qvm-create and figured I need to use -ns for the netvm but not sure that it should be created by root, or the normal user. As you can see I really need some direction here. What do I do to get it working?

Marek Marczykowski

Aug 21, 2011, 3:46:06 PM8/21/11
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Steve Szmidt

qvm-create should work from normal user. Installer calls something like:
qvm-create --net --label red netvm
qvm-create --proxy --label green firewallvm
qvm-create-default-dvm --default-template --default-script

qvm-create work --label green
qvm-create banking --label green
qvm-create personal --label yellow
qvm-create untrusted --label red