quarkus.datasource.metrics.enabled

Luca Masini

Nov 9, 2021, 7:24:24 AM11/9/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi all, this is documented in:

but the real property is:

quarkus.datasource.jdbc.enable-metrics

it tooks me 2 hours to find the error (my fault, I know).

Can I make a PR to correct the docs or someone here have a PR yet opened with this piece of documentation inside so that can fix in a minute ?

Jan Martiska

Nov 11, 2021, 9:28:31 AM11/11/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Hey Luca,
I wouldn't say the documentation is wrong (it can just get a little confusing) - these two properties have different meanings - as the linked documentation explains further on.

`quarkus.datasource.metrics.enabled` enables exposing metrics for data sources, meaning that they will be present on the /metrics endpoint. But each data source itself can have its metrics turned on/off separately, and if they are off, they won't appear on the endpoint. `quarkus.datasource.DS_NAME.jdbc.enable-metrics` does this - omitting the DS_NAME segment means you're setting it for the "default" data source.

Yeah this can get confusing, so if you have ideas how to improve the documentation wording, that would be welcome.
Cheers
Jan