Quarkus 3.0.0.CR2

Guillaume Smet

Apr 5, 2023, 1:26:10 PM4/5/23
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi,

Today, we released Quarkus 3.0.0.CR2, the final step before Quarkus 3.0 final release.

The main new features of this release are:
- Dev UI 2 is the default Dev UI
- Gradle project update

Our next step will be the release of the Quarkus 3.0.0.Final core artifacts next week before the full release and announcement two weeks after that. So now is a good time to test your application with Quarkus 3.

See the announcement for more details about the new features and how to upgrade: https://quarkus.io/blog/quarkus-3-0-0-cr2-released/ .

As usual, please share the good news in this thread and report any challenges or bugs in our issue tracker here: https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues .

Thanks.

--
Guillaume

Marco Bungart

Apr 6, 2023, 1:28:00 PM4/6/23
to quark...@googlegroups.com

quarkus-artemis can report an "all clear" for 3.0.0.CR2. Warnings mentioned before [1] are still present [2], but worked on:

    Warning:  unknown enum constant org.osgi.annotation.bundle.Requirement.Resolution.OPTIONAL
      reason: class file for org.osgi.annotation.bundle.Requirement$Resolution not found

[1]: https://quarkusio.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/187038-dev/topic/Quarkus.203.2E0.2E0.2EAlpha2.20and.20an.20old.20friend
[2]: https://github.com/quarkiverse/quarkus-artemis/actions/runs/4365859162/jobs/7635079254#step:4:510
OpenPGP_0x1D62FE7F6FECFBC5.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Paul Carter-Brown

Apr 11, 2023, 9:42:55 AM4/11/23
to guillau...@gmail.com, Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi Guillaume,

Just picked up an issue on JDBC statements being leaked (at least Agroal thinks so):

Paul Carter-Brown

Apr 20, 2023, 4:48:13 AM4/20/23
to guillau...@gmail.com, Quarkus Development mailing list
Just some feedback: After seeing 3.0.0.CR2 was working well in our test environments, we upgraded our production environment as well. Been a week now and zero issues. Longer term metrics like heap sizes, CPU utilisation, connection pools, file handles etc etc are all nominal.

Georgios Andrianakis

Apr 20, 2023, 4:50:09 AM4/20/23
to pa...@ukheshe.com, guillau...@gmail.com, Quarkus Development mailing list