[RELEASE] Cassandra Quarkus 1.0.1

Alexandre Dutra

Mar 26, 2021, 10:19:43 AM3/26/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi all,

We just released the Quarkus extension for Apache Cassandra 1.0.1.

This bugfix release upgrades the Cassandra driver to its latest version, and is therefore ready for the upcoming Cassandra 4.0 release (due in the next few weeks!).

We also fixed a few bugs and improved the compatibility with Micrometer. The most important Cassandra metrics are now enabled by default when metrics are enabled; metric identifiers now follow a more traditional naming convention, using tags to identify driver sessions and nodes in the cluster.

Users of DataStax Enterprise please note: if you are using DSE Graph, you will now have to add the dependency to Apache Tinkerpop manually as it is now considered an optional dependency.

The Quarkus platform will be updated shortly to reference this new version. In the meanwhile if you want to try it out, add the following to your dependencyManagement section, before the Quarkus BOM declaration:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.datastax.oss.quarkus</groupId>
  <artifactId>cassandra-quarkus-bom</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.1</version>
  <type>pom</type>
  <scope>import</scope>
</dependency>

The quickstart guide is not up-to-date either; it will be updated shortly. In the meantime you can read it here:

https://github.com/datastax/cassandra-quarkus/tree/master/quickstart

Please send your feature requests and bug reports our way:

https://github.com/datastax/cassandra-quarkus/issues

Happy coding!

Alexandre Dutra

--
Alexandre Dutra

Alexey Loubyansky

Mar 26, 2021, 10:28:20 AM3/26/21
to Alexandre Dutra, Quarkus Development mailing list
On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 3:19 PM Alexandre Dutra <alexand...@datastax.com> wrote:
[...]

One remark. The above suggestion will work only if the Quarkus version present in the cassandra-quarkus-bom (in this case 1.12.2.Final) matches the quarkus-bom imported in the user project. Otherwise, the cassandra-quarkus-bom will enforce its Quarkus version on the project. To avoid this issue, cassandra may consider a version of the bom that's not importing the quarkus-bom.

The quickstart guide is not up-to-date either; it will be updated shortly. In the meantime you can read it here:

https://github.com/datastax/cassandra-quarkus/tree/master/quickstart

Please send your feature requests and bug reports our way:

https://github.com/datastax/cassandra-quarkus/issues

Happy coding!

Alexandre Dutra

--
Alexandre Dutra

Alexandre Dutra

Mar 26, 2021, 10:53:58 AM3/26/21
to Alexey Loubyansky, Quarkus Development mailing list
Good idea, it will be done for the next release.
Thanks!

Erin Schnabel

Mar 30, 2021, 9:28:22 AM3/30/21
to alexand...@datastax.com, Quarkus Development mailing list
Thank you for the updates re: Micrometer! =) 🎉🍻