GraalVM with Java 17 - A few issues in our QuickStarts

clement escoffier

Nov 15, 2021, 6:13:47 AM11/15/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list

Hello,

I’ve tried to build all our QuickStarts with Java 17 and the Java 17 support from GraalVM 21.3.0.

There are a few failures that would need to be investigated. The most impacting one is a PostgreSQL JDBC issue. Another one seems to be a Mac OS issue (related to sun.lwawt.macosx.CInputMethod), but it would need verification from another OS.

You can find the whole set of issues using:

https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus-quickstarts/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+%5BGraalVM+21.3.0.r17%5D

While these issues are reported in the QuickStart repo, most of them will need to be fixed in Quarkus Core, Kogito, or Optaplanner repositories.

Clement