No Quarkus CLI packages for release 2.7.6.Final ?

Marc Wrobel

Jun 8, 2022, 11:01:23 AM6/8/22
to Quarkus Development mailing list

Hi all,

I am developing an asdf (https://asdf-vm.com/) plugin for Quarkus CLI (https://github.com/marcwrobel/asdf-quarkus) and I noticed there was no packages available for quarkus-cli 2.7.6.Final in the corresponding GitHub release assets (https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/releases/tag/2.7.6.Final).

From what I can see a tgz and a zip of Quarkus CLI are always available in the GitHub release assets since version 2.6.2.Final (except for 2.7.6.Final).

Is it an oversight or is it intended ? Is GitHub release assets the main channel of distribution for Quarkus CLI ?

Kind regards,
Marc

Max Rydahl Andersen

Jun 8, 2022, 4:21:21 PM6/8/22
to Marc Wrobel, Quarkus Development mailing list

That does looks like an oversight. I would expect the jars to be released - but do be aware that
default cli installs will still get latest release (i.e. now from 2.9.x) and is what we encourage to use
as its usage is to be backwards compatible - but it is nice to have 2.7.x specific builds if something does break.

Guilaume did the release and been at the jnation event so he should be back in coming day - he should be able
to state if missed update or some reason for it not happening.

/max

Guillaume Smet

Jun 9, 2022, 3:57:11 AM6/9/22
to Andersen, Max, Marc Wrobel, Quarkus Development mailing list
It's not really an oversight. I wasn't sure how our current CLI release infrastructure would react to publishing an older branch so I didn't want to take the risk just before going away for a week.

I'll have a look today.

Guillaume Smet

Jun 9, 2022, 7:44:04 AM6/9/22
to Andersen, Max, Marc Wrobel, Quarkus Development mailing list
Done!

Apparently, the Internet is not broken yet, let's hope for the best :).

--
Guillaume

Marc Wrobel

Jun 10, 2022, 3:09:17 AM6/10/22
to Guillaume Smet, Andersen, Max, Quarkus Development mailing list
The internet is still working this morning, thank you very much Guillaume ;).

Thank you Max for those explanations. It is good to know that stable Quarkus CLI releases will be backward compatible. I missed that information when I read the documentation.

Max Rydahl Andersen

Jun 10, 2022, 4:03:49 AM6/10/22
to Guillaume Smet, Marc Wrobel, Quarkus Development mailing list
Its the goal at least :)

Thanks Guillaume for the Update!

/max