javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException

Werner Gresshoff

Nov 11, 2021, 1:17:00 PM11/11/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Hello,
I'm using Activiti 6 in a Quarkus 2.4.1 service and just switched to JDK17 (image based on eclipse-temurin). While this was  working fine with JDK11 (and earlier versions of Quarkus) I now get
```
XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an XPathFactory for the default object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the XPathFactoryConfigurationException: javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFctory implementation found for the object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
```
Is it somehow possible to add -Djaxp.debug=1 to my Docker image (deployed in Kubernetes) to get more information about what's going wrong? I assume somewhere in Mybatis (part of Activiti) is an XPathFactory defined that's not available in Eclipse Temurin (but is available in Oracle JDK11).
I'm already using `quarkus.kubernetes.env.vars` to set a Quarkus profile but that is translated to an environment variable. Don't know if it work's with jaxp.debug, too.

Best regards
Werner

Werner Gresshoff

Nov 12, 2021, 3:11:18 AM11/12/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
Setting `quarkus.kubernetes.env.vars.java-options` to `-Djaxp.debug=1` adds the env variable JAVA_OPTIONS to the container which should be used by `run-java.sh`. However, there is no output available with `kubectl logs`! And no visible logs in `/var/log`.

Werner Gresshoff

Nov 12, 2021, 6:02:23 AM11/12/21
to Quarkus Development mailing list
So finally it's solved: I've indluded the Groovy HttpBuilder in my dependencies which itself (at some point) includes the xml-apis. Which leads to class loading issues because they are already available in the JDK.