Rev Counter

alex mcghee

Nov 11, 2022, 1:15:09 PM11/11/22
to Quantum Owners Group
My rev counter works intermittently, does anyone
know how to fix it

Bill Allison

Nov 12, 2022, 2:30:46 AM11/12/22
to Quantum Owners Group
Alex

This is very common and almost always is a fractured solder joint on the circuit board. The break can be almost impossible to see with the naked eye. Removing the tacho is easy and the cure is to resolder, as a minimum, every joint which has either a wire or large/heavy component attached.

Best regards
Bill

On Friday, 11 November 2022 at 18:23:19 GMT, alex mcghee <alexmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

My rev counter works intermittently, does anyone
know how to fix it

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/9f0a9add-69d3-4ff1-b148-ee99bea4a15an%40googlegroups.com.

jul...@cityaudioservices.com

Nov 19, 2022, 6:03:40 AM11/19/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

A general question - at one point I assume Ford like everyone else had to switch to lead free. Is there any way to know if PCBs are leaded or lead free? This is useful - mixing solders is not a good idea and will lead to fractured joints in time, so it is important not to mix solder types.