Radiator hose.

flob...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2023, 5:02:27 PM4/17/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Does anyone recognise this hose? I've taken it  off an H4 fitted with a 2ltr Zetec silver top, I believe the car was originally fitted with 1.6 engine. The pump end is 44mm id, radiator 33mm id, a 16mm id pipe and 16mm od stub. It looks a similar to a Mondeo hose but they have an additional 20mm id hose outlet IMG_20230417_174542 (2).jpg

jul...@cityaudioservices.com

Apr 18, 2023, 2:20:30 AM4/18/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

What is it you want to know? A part number? I have an H4 with a 2L Zetec (v early model silver top engine) but having never taken the engine out I don't know if it is the same. I could look and see but that does not help with a part number, it would probably only confirm what you know!

On 2023-04-17 21:59, flob...@gmail.com wrote:

Does anyone recognise this hose? I've taken it  off an H4 fitted with a 2ltr Zetec silver top, I believe the car was originally fitted with 1.6 engine. The pump end is 44mm id, radiator 33mm id, a 16mm id pipe and 16mm od stub. It looks a similar to a Mondeo hose but they have an additional 20mm id hose outlet IMG_20230417_174542 (2).jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/026e1663-1c21-48e6-a53f-21fe56776384n%40googlegroups.com.

Jim Hearne

Apr 18, 2023, 4:21:53 AM4/18/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
If you look carefully you may be able to find a part number on the hose, Ford did tend to put the part number on the hose, usually embossed in slighty so you can still see it even if the white paint has worn off.

It’s almost certainly the hose from the 1.6 / 1.8 Fiesta Zetec, you should be able to get a silicone version.

Jim

Sent: Monday, April 17, 2023 9:59 PM
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Radiator hose.

Does anyone recognise this hose? I've taken it  off an H4 fitted with a 2ltr Zetec silver top, I believe the car was originally fitted with 1.6 engine. The pump end is 44mm id, radiator 33mm id, a 16mm id pipe and 16mm od stub. It looks a similar to a Mondeo hose but they have an additional 20mm id hose outlet IMG_20230417_174542 (2).jpg --
IMG_20230417_174542 (2).jpg

Andy Heaton

Apr 18, 2023, 4:28:08 AM4/18/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I can't say I  recognise it, if the mondeo one is similar you may be able to fit a blanking plug on the additional outlet.
The other route is to make your own with silicone hoses.

flob...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2023, 4:28:09 AM4/18/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Just need to know what car originally used it, I've trawled through pictures of probable models Fiesta/Mondeo/Orion and can see similar but the same hose.
Russ

jul...@cityaudioservices.com

Apr 18, 2023, 5:11:26 AM4/18/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

Sadly I don't know. The donor was a 1.6 Si, but the engine is a 2L Zetec which was, according to the info I have, a Mondeo unit, but I have no useful details.

Good luck.

Pete M

Apr 19, 2023, 11:18:55 AM4/19/23
to Quantum Owners Group
It looks like the LH hose between the engine and the radiator.  We're looking down on it as it would be fitted to the car

Pete M

Apr 19, 2023, 11:33:04 AM4/19/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Zetec_engine.jpg

I've found a picture of the engine out of the car and it's the hose highlighted in red from the looks of it

Jim Hearne

Apr 19, 2023, 11:43:37 AM4/19/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I think he knows where it goes, he wants to know what it came from.
Since the H4 is based on a Mk3 Fiesta it’s going to be off one of those, either the original 1.6 Zetec or from a RS1800i
Wouldn’t be from the Mondeo

Jim

flob...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2023, 9:16:32 AM4/20/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Thanks for the help so far. I know now it is the hose fitted the Fiesta 1.6 Si but that brings me to the next problem; where can I buy one. I've searched on the internet, but am unable to find one unless I buy an expensive kit. A few online sellers seem to list one but when I  cross reference the makers part number the water pump hose size is the smaller diameter used on the Blacktop Zetec.  If anyone can tell me where I might find one it really would be a big help.

Russ

flob...@gmail.com

May 9, 2023, 11:35:47 AM5/9/23
to Quantum Owners Group
After much searching I've only found a 2 hose silicone kit for £148 + p&p. or full kit for about £400.  Rubber hoses are no longer available or if they are I can't find them, so if you have one tucked away somewhere look after it.
Russ