FW: Quantum 2+2 weight

janhaines30

Sep 23, 2021, 4:38:43 PM9/23/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can anyone help Dominic please

Jan Haines
QOC Membership secretary

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
From: Dominic Byrnes <dominic...@live.co.uk>
Date: 23/09/2021 19:44 (GMT+00:00)
To: janhaines30 <janha...@btinternet.com>, Richard Byrnes <rickbyr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Quantum 2+2 weight

Hi Jan,

I wonder if someone in the owners club can help me with a technical issue.

My car has failed the M.O.T test due to brakes as the tester has applied 100% lockup values to the brake test as he does not know the weight of the vehicle. I’ve gone over the model details but cannot find the relevant information so I was hoping someone in the club may know the weight of a 2+2 fitted with an XR2 CVH engine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Dom

Sent from Mail for Windows

Robert Craig

Sep 23, 2021, 4:48:41 PM9/23/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
The original brochure listed it as 820 Kgs
Bob Craig
Sent from my iPad

On 23 Sep 2021, at 21:38, 'janhaines30' via Quantum Owners Group <quantu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/614ce5d2.1c69fb81.f9f16.d0ddSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN%40gmr-mx.google.com.

susanandmartin

Sep 23, 2021, 5:57:18 PM9/23/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

An interesting one. When I took my Q saloon for IVA they came up with a weight of around 1200kg (figure may be on copy of MAC?), this was with the car wheels revolving and didn’t seem particularly accurate as the vehicle was pitching up and down all the time.  I was able to use corner weight at a Ford facility and the total was 870kg (seems about correct c/f Q brochure). I think it’s come up with vastly different weights when it had been MOT’d on rollers that supposedly measure the weight. This doesn’t help Dominic’s case, but gives some insight.

Martin Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim Hearne

Sep 24, 2021, 3:46:25 AM9/24/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I thought if they didn’t know the spec for the car they are supposed to test the brakes on a road test with the inertia tester in the footwell.
That’s how my 2+2 has always been tested.

Is Dominic in the group or, Jan, are you forwarding the replys ?

Jim

Ian Harrison

Sep 24, 2021, 10:03:10 AM9/24/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I’m with Jim here. The tested has always wellied it down the yard and stomped on the brakes on Kermit.

Ian

Darren Siepka

Sep 24, 2021, 10:17:33 AM9/24/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
My old testing station use to put in 850kg after asking me the weight as it didn't have it shown, then when they upgraded the test bay it actually weighed the car during the test and used that subject to a correction factor so I was told.

Darren