Saloon boot skin & inner separation

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Oct 10, 2022, 1:02:00 PM10/10/22
to Quantum Owners Group
As per thread subject I have noticed the boot outer skin and inner shell are separating in places on my saloon. It looks like some sort of black sealant/mastic has been used on mine. Anyone know how they were joined originally by factory and any recommendations on method to fix ?

Thanks
John

kynastonp .

Oct 10, 2022, 1:09:21 PM10/10/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
On the three cars I built the boot lids were glued with a black glue possibly a sikaflex product

Oct 10, 2022, 1:12:15 PM10/10/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
ASK EDDIE

Jim Hearne

Oct 10, 2022, 2:41:38 PM10/10/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
They were joined using polyurethane adhesive , Sikaflex 221 usually.

It's going to be tricky to get more in a small gap , you might have to separate the inner and outer panels first.
Maybe using a cheese wire like they do with windscreens if you can find a gap to start at.

Jim