Front suspension arm mount point issues

Mick L

Apr 22, 2023, 8:25:49 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I already suspect I know the answer sadly.

Is the nut captive on the suspension arm ? Our drivers side is spinning and I see hairy bodge so I'm guessing someone has been here before.

Wow this is all getting very kit car haha.

Cut out the bad repair to gain access to nut,captivate it and repair with proper grade matting?

Thanks
Mick

Mick L

Apr 22, 2023, 8:30:44 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

Apr 22, 2023, 8:40:52 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I have just discovered the bolt comes all the way In to the footwell. Is this correct as standard?

Sent: 22 April 2023 12:30
To: quantu...@googlegroups.com <quantu...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: Front suspension arm mount point issues

chris...@btinternet.com

Apr 22, 2023, 9:50:11 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that’s normal. Some people weld the nut onto a steel plate then bond that plate onto the shell. Makes it easier to remove in the future without having to get access to both ends of the bolt at the same time.