2+2 Wheels

Mark Alford

Oct 16, 2022, 4:30:48 PM10/16/22
to Quantum Owners Group
2+2 Wheels
Hello fellow Quantum Owners...

I'm at a stage where I need to replace the tyres and wheels for my 2+2.
I'm not sure what wheel settings I need to use.

Please can you help here for 15" and currently have 195/45 R15 Tyres.

So far I believe its..
PCD 4 X 108
OFFSET 35 - 42?? ET40?
WIDTH 5J

Many thanks in advance...

If anyone has a good set of four second hand please let me know?

Cheers
Mark

Darren Siepka

Oct 16, 2022, 5:28:49 PM10/16/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Yes they are std ford pcd 4x108
I would have thought the rim width on a 195 tyre would be far more than a 5?
6-6.5 perhaps would be more suited.
My last set of 2+2 wheels were used by the last owner on his KA and Mk5 fiesta. They were aftermarket and don't have the et marked on them.
On my first 2+2 I had Sierra 14" fitted with special sleeved bolts due to the hole size in the rims(quantum supplied bolts) the offset on those was pretty good too.

Darren

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/eebc6a27-4780-477b-91a0-dc38d172d4ddn%40googlegroups.com.

Derek Clews

Oct 17, 2022, 4:00:59 AM10/17/22
to Quantum Owners Club, Derek Clews
Sorry correction.  Some like the 15 inch wheels, not 14 inch!

On 16 Oct 2022, at 22:50, Derek Clews <derek...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,

The originals were 13 inch wheels.  The data I have is:

XR2 mk2
13 x 6
4X108 PCD. Bolt Thread M12x 1.5 mm
Offset in 35-45mm range depending on your body requirements.
Tyre 185 x 60.

I have been running 14 inch wheels (14 J6) with 185 x 55 tyres on them for years.  The actual tyre wall is 101.75mm instead of the 13 inch 111 mm on my 13 inch wheel Coupe.

There seems to be a range of choice that works.  Some say that deeper tyre walls are a better ride and soak up the potholes better but that also depends on your suspension and ride height.  Everything works together.

Most wheels will accept a few different tyre widths but it is common to find 14 J6 and 14 J5.5. wheels.  Others love the 14 inch wheels and there are more of them to choose from.  I find the rubber band tyres don’t work for me.

Remember this hobby is meant to be fun!

Regards

Derek

Darren Siepka

Oct 17, 2022, 4:26:33 AM10/17/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
As Derek says it's all down to personal choice, but with a stiffer suspension setup you will notice the difference between a 15 and 14. I run 15's to fit over my big disc conversions so this is something you may need to consider if thinking to downsize.
It is possible to fit 16s but I suspect the ride is very harsh ( a 195/40 r16 tyre is equivalent).
As Derek also mentioned the shape of the tyre can cause issues too. As an example I have 195/50r15 Yoko's on my saloon rear , but they lockup on the front! The cheaper(don't recall brand) 195/50r15 on the front have a squarer carcass and turn fine! A 45 profile tyre is better really for 15s .

Darren

michael...@aol.com

Oct 17, 2022, 6:32:51 AM10/17/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Might not suit you but I have a set of 13 in.  JRD alloy wheels if anyone is interested. I used them on a 2+2
The old tyres are only there to protect the rims. Photo available on request.