Radiator

Mick L

Apr 21, 2023, 6:23:36 AM4/21/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Our radiator is missing alot of fins.Are they standard fiesta xr2?

May aswell do it while the engines out.

Thanks Again
Mick

Jim Hearne

Apr 21, 2023, 6:31:44 AM4/21/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
If it’s a Mk2 Fiesta engine then it’s probably Mk2 Fiesta but if it’s got a Diesel or Zetec it could be Mk3 Fiesta.

Jim

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/AM9P193MB0823C37C3F3BD7AFB9CFCFCFE5609%40AM9P193MB0823.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Andy Heaton

Apr 21, 2023, 6:31:48 AM4/21/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is mick

susanandmartin

Apr 21, 2023, 6:53:12 AM4/21/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

As I understand it there are 2 ‘types’ of Fiesta mk2 XR2 radiators – one with copper end tanks and one with plastic end tanks. Both will fit with respect to the hoses, but (from memory) there is a small difference on the mounting holes which may need altering on the body (an easy fix)

Martin Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Paul S Quantum

Apr 21, 2023, 9:10:30 AM4/21/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

For the radiator the one we had on the car when it arrived was very much a case of very few fins left and looked ok ish from engine bay but other side it was clear it had been leaking for quite some time and well passed its best.

We got a alloy uprated radiator from Airtec which needed a few adjustments to how it was mounted.

Original was fastened on from the engine bay side where the thicker airtec was too close to the downpipes so had to be mounted from within the nose section.

Easy to do and can still be removed without taking the nose off.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Apr 22, 2023, 4:18:08 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a used alloy radiator?

You would cringe at how much money I've spent on this saloon now so we're struggling to afford a radiator.

I feel very let down by the seller as it's taken all our spare cash and more.

Apr 22, 2023, 5:47:11 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

Judging from the retail price of an aluminium alloy rad, I suspect a 2nd-hand one would cost as much or more than a new standard one.

Martin Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You would cringe at how much money I've spent on this saloon now so we're struggling to afford a radiator.

I feel very let down by the seller as it's taken all our spare cash and more.

chris...@btinternet.com

Apr 22, 2023, 6:44:11 AM4/22/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I’d bite the bullet and go for a new alloy rad. Will save you a whole heap of trouble in the future.

Apr 23, 2023, 3:11:16 AM4/23/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
The air tec units do fit into the nose cone don't they without removing the cone? My rad is already in there.

My airtec rad is in the nose cone with zero issues.

Mail powered by Skaro Mail Serives

Apr 23, 2023, 3:05:11 PM4/23/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Do they go in without the come coming off? Guessing they are fed through the cut out carefully.

Apr 26, 2023, 3:55:34 AM4/26/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I tried a local radiator recon place and low and behold he pulled a old stock ford radiator out of storage...exact same one I currently have fitted :)

All parts now in so it's just engine in time after the mount is done. Getting there ..slowly :)