Looking for information on my old 2+2

RichD

Apr 3, 2021, 11:49:45 AM4/3/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Hello,

I built my 2+2 back in 1994 and owned it up until I sold it back to Stourbridge Quantum in late 1998 when I needed a bigger car. From DVLA records I see that the car has been SORN since 2011 when the last MOT expired, and in the previous five years had only done a few thousand miles.

I'd like to try and establish whether the car still exists and is just laid up in a garage or storage unit somewhere. If anyone has any knowledge of it and where it might be now then I'd really like to hear from you.

The car was a gelcoat green 2+2 (the lighter shade of the two greens they did at the time), registration B417WJO. Unusual features easily spotted were the mirrors from a Rover 200, some Metro bonnet vents at the rear edge of the bonnet, and a customised late-type hardtop with rear quarter-lights inserted behind the side windows.

Here it is at a show somewhere just after completion (still has the grey Ghia seats in it!)
IMG_4026.JPG

And as it was when I sold it.IMG_4027.JPG

Many thanks,

Richard.

janhaines30

Apr 3, 2021, 11:55:32 AM4/3/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

I can have a look through the database I hold as membership secretary and let you know if I find anything.

Jan

Sent from my Galaxy

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/5f8af92c-99d9-4f3d-a700-3289ee752f5an%40googlegroups.com.

Darren Siepka

Apr 3, 2021, 1:45:14 PM4/3/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Can't help with the search , sorry,
But do like the rear qtrs in the hard top!
It's something I have been looking at but yet to find suitable glass for.
Do you recall what glass you used?
Thanks

Darren

Dave English

Apr 4, 2021, 1:22:06 PM4/4/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi Richard
Just been through my Historian files and I'm sorry to say I have nothing on it to help out.
However, I've just added it the the file. I don't suppose you remember the Serial number do you? It'll be Q2xxx format.

Dave English