quantum saloon carpet patterns please

fugieian

Jan 24, 2011, 4:17:58 PM1/24/11
to Quantum Owners Group
hello to all you like minded sensible kit car enthusiasts,i have owned
my quantum saloon for some years now,and in the last 3 years my son
has also become a quantum saloon owner,both having recently passed
their respective m.o.t. tests again with no problems, i have always
had an automotive interest from being a small child,and now 40 years
on this has developed into kitcars,having 2 saloons-mine
1.6cvh,kingfisher blue C515 FVX ,ultra reliable!!!!,my sons navy blue
saloon B10 ACD 1.1 cvh powered,and my summer toy a 1981 uva fugitive
sand rail buggy with an alfa engine,which if you have been on the show
scene may have seen being towed by my aforementioned quanty.,anyway-
one reason ive come here is to ask if anyone has a set of carpet
cutting patterns for the saloon model,i only have the builders manual
for this which mentions them at the back.
this would be really helpful as i have a fresh engine for this
year,and a complete mint xr2 interior -seats/door cards etc,and after
stripping out the existing interior and carpets, which are too worn
for patterns ,i will be fitting new-hence my need for these. i hope
you can help,thank you.

p.s.i almost forgot to mention my last but not least vehicle-a 1920s
replica van,getting rebuilt for work/promotion for this march.

Hamish Freeman

Jan 25, 2011, 5:31:37 AM1/25/11
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the absence of a full set of patterns, the general approach to this is to
use newspaper pressed into shape on the floor, from which you can either cut
to the corners or work out the intersection for stitching together a fully
fitted covering. I used this approach for both my H4 and my Beauford, the
latter having a fully fitted carpet from front to rear including over the
transmission tunnel, around the inner sills and the foot wells. Newspaper
is easy to join and to tear to get the shape and once you have a rough shape
it is easy to go back with a rough cut shape with radial cuts around any
corner to allow you to bend the corner more accurately.

Good luck!

Hamish

basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
within this or related message(s).

Dave the Subbie

Jan 28, 2011, 3:59:31 PM1/28/11
to Quantum Owners Group
I think that Andy Heaton said, a few months ago, that he had a set of
patterns for the Coupe. Have a look through the old postings on this
group.
Dave.

On Jan 25, 10:31 am, "Hamish Freeman" <ham...@blimps.fsnet.co.uk>

John Hogg

Aug 22, 2022, 2:48:16 PM8/22/22
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi ti all - this is my first post on this site.  I have recently bought a 2+2 completed in 2000.  I am going through the car at present and will get to the carpets and interior soon.  Do other builder use the original fiesta carpets or do they have to make their own??  If so does anyone have patterns for a 2+2??

Thanks in anticipation

Yours  - John

Jim Hearne

Aug 22, 2022, 2:52:27 PM8/22/22
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

The 2+2 floor is really too different in shape and size to use the donor carpet.
I just cut mine to match the floor without using any templates.
Do the sills, tunnel , bulkhead and the bit in front of the rear seat as separate bit, then do the flat floor areas as 4 mats.
At least that was how i did it.

Jim

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/9cdf6f90-cbeb-4ead-a320-c1cabc1d0d8en%40googlegroups.com.