Saloon Screen trims.

Dave English

May 18, 2021, 1:20:02 PM5/18/21
to Quantum Owners Group

Hi All.
I'm currently in contact with a new Saloon owner (Marc) and he's asking about the front & rear screen rubbers on the Saloon. I believe that these screens were bonded in and a trim piece was added. So does anyone know who supplied the trim piece and if it's needed. Thanks

Dave English

susanandmartin

May 18, 2021, 1:58:23 PM5/18/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dave, I trust you are well.

I think it was cavalier? If getting a pro to fit it (recommended) they may well have generic trim. I think my fitter just used a suitable trim he had on board.

Martin Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/ef64b08c-dadd-4fd0-b831-3865c112c1b6n%40googlegroups.com.

Derek Clews

May 18, 2021, 3:38:54 PM5/18/21
to Quantum Owners Forum, Derek Clews
Hi Dave,

The last one we did was just bonded in and the adhesive spead round to finish against a tape edge and then wiped smooth.  No rubber at all.  Looks fine.

You can just use any generic fitting rubber filler trim if you want.  At one time in the past there was advice to tension the screen against the rubber surround and adhesive.  But I have found that to be unnecessary.  So it’s just cosmetic.  Your choice.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Clews

May 18, 2021, 3:38:57 PM5/18/21
to Quantum Owners Forum, Derek Clews
PS the rear screen top mid area can be very ‘flexible’ so make sure it is supported for bonding.  Mine has been strengthened in the bodyshell with an extra moulding to support itself properly.

Derek