New Boy

David Hill

Feb 6, 2023, 11:25:05 AM2/6/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Hello All,
Just poking my nose in having bought an H4i. It isn't on the road yet but it is MOT-ed and I'm amassing parts to bring it up to my standards.

One tiny snag is that Mr. Google won't let me sign in properly. The email address shown is an old one and it won't let me change it.

The correct address is davidh...@outlook.com

A couple of snaps.

Cheers, David

Q10C.jpgQ1C.jpg

Jim Hearne

Feb 6, 2023, 11:28:31 AM2/6/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
Welcome to the group.
To be honest there is a lot more activity on the 2 facebook groups now (1 is QOC members only) than there is here.

I can’t change your email address in the google group unfortunately, only you can do that.
Easiest is to leave the group and then join again using the other email address.

The H4i looks tidy, what engine is in it ?

Jim

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/0222a19c-2af3-4f8f-a5e8-d6ed75ac859dn%40googlegroups.com.
Q10C.jpg
Q1C.jpg

David Hill

Feb 6, 2023, 12:27:56 PM2/6/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi Jim,

Thank you for the welcome.

My car was based on a '94 Si (it was a 2000 build)  but it's grown an RS1800-spec engine along the way. I've yet to verify this but
in the documents, there a rolling road printout claiming 134BHP!

By the way, I re-signed in using my 'proper' address but the old one still showed at the top of the message.

I knew about the menbers-only QOG but for now, I'd rather spend on parts. I've found the Ford Fiesta Mk3 89-96 - Mk3Fiesta.com
group on facebook to be a good source of info.

D.

Jim Hearne

Feb 6, 2023, 3:15:10 PM2/6/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The standard RS1800 engine is 130 PS which is about 128 bhp
So if it's had a free flow air filter and a little bit of tweaking  then 134 bhp is about right.
The donor 1.6 was only 95 PS so a fair difference.

The other facebook group is open to all Quantum owners, club members or not.
It's still private but they will let you in https://www.facebook.com/groups/quantumownersgroup

I will have a look at the google group settings but i don't think i can change anything.

Jim