Unequal global summary in output files

Полина Казакова

Aug 23, 2022, 1:24:49 AM8/23/22
to QualiMap
Hello!

Output files from QualiMap can be of different formats: html, txt, pdf. But they consist not equal information. For example, txt file doesn-t consist information about clipped reads, but consist other information about global summary. Why?

Thanks.
Best regards, Polina.

Konstantin Okonechnikov

Aug 24, 2022, 5:55:03 AM8/24/22
to qual...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Initially visual reports (HTML and PDF are the same) were designed as main,  and text reports were included as additional extensions for further usage, therefore there are variances. Is there a lack of specific useful information in text reports e.g. clipped reads? It could be integrated if you note the corresponding labeles. Also, what global information is lacking in HTML/PDF reports? For example, coverage reports are extended in txt, but everything is visualized in corresponding figures (Coverage Histogram) in HTML/PDF.

Best regards,
   Konstantin

Polina Kazakova

Aug 24, 2022, 11:00:06 AM8/24/22
to QualiMap
Thanks for your answer!

TXT files are the most easier for parsing and so I searched information about clipped reads there, but I didn't find. I can parse html or pdf reports too, but it'd be great if txt files consist all information from part "2.1. Globals".
HTML/PDF reports consist all the necessary information.

Best regards,
Polina.