Qualimap RNA seq QC Reads genomic origin: further categorize the Exonic region to CDS, 5'UTR and 3'UTR

xiaol...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 12:34:39 PM11/1/21
to QualiMap
Hi, Everyone,

I have an mRNA seq dataset (.bam file with GTF of hg38) analyzed in Qualimap RNA Seq QC. Qualimap can generate a very nice pie chart of Exonic, Intronic, and Intergenic fractions. I am interested in what fractions of 5'UTR and 3'UTR in the Exonic regions and  I wonder if we could further categorize Exonic region into CDS, 5'UTR and 3'UTR into a Pie chart?

Thanks,

Xiao

Konstantin Okonechnikov

Nov 2, 2021, 8:19:26 AM11/2/21
to qual...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

nice suggestion, it would depend if the annotation file has the corresponding tags. I created the issue accordingly, will update once it's done:

Best regards,
   Konstantin

Xiao Lei

Nov 2, 2021, 8:59:41 AM11/2/21
to qual...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Konstantin,

Thank you very much for your reply and your continuous support and improvement of Qualimap.

The annotation file I downloaded is hg38.ncbiRefSeq.gtf.gz from the website (link:  https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg38/bigZips/genes/). This annotation file contains tag names such as exon, CDS, 5UTR, 3UTR, etc.

Best,

Xiao