Input data

Theresa Dahlem

Mar 15, 2021, 7:46:31 AM3/15/21
to QUAL2K-user
hello all,

i´m new to qual2k. Many things are still unclear to me. I  really hope anybody can help me.
On the worksheets reach rates and rates are many variableln and parameters to define. When modeling only CBOD, OD and the temperature, which parameters can I neglect on these worksheets.

Thanks!

Adam Rus Nugroho

Apr 2, 2021, 1:04:52 AM4/2/21
to QUAL2K-user
Hello,

Rates / Reach Rates is the worksheet to define the dynamics of the parameters (example: determining whether your CBOD will increase or decrease).
You should have a basic understanding of the CBOD / DO fate.
For basic, the Reach Rates has a "Reaeration" coefficient. It defines the oxygen uptake into the water, so it will increase the Dissolved Oxygen and may decrease the BOD.
Which coefficient in Rates / Reach Rates you should determine depends on your study scope.
For example, if you decided to include the Nitrification process since it also related to the oxygen demand, then you should determine the coefficient in the Rates / Reach Rates worksheet for Nitrification.

It's all based on my knowledge so far.
Please correct me if I am wrong and feel free to add on my explanation, anyone.