Hurricane Sandy

Barbara Harrison

Oct 30, 2012, 1:53:26 PM10/30/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
I came through OK except for an 8" thick apple limb downing the clotheslines; cannot speak for others.
Barbara Harrison, Chester River MM, Philadelphia YM

--
May you have a blessed day.  Barbara

Arthur Fink

Oct 30, 2012, 2:08:49 PM10/30/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
We came through with no disruption at all -- never lost power, water, internet, or sleep.

My mother in New York City didn't do as well.  She's without electricity, water, heat, elevator (she's on the 7th floor), and if she were to go outside, she'd probably find that her street is a stream bed.  I think she's safe but scared.

Arthur Fink    Portland Friends Meeting (Maine, USA)
                   Peaks Island Worship Group (occasional)
Ten New Island Ave, Peaks Island  Maine 04108  United States
www.InsightAndClarity.com (blog)  www.ArthurFinkPhoto.com (photo)

Barbara Harrison

Oct 30, 2012, 4:57:41 PM10/30/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
will hold her in the LIGHT  O:)

Bill Chadkirk

Oct 30, 2012, 5:28:07 PM10/30/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
I am eternally grateful to live in a climatically stable, politically stable, economically stable and geologically stable country. But having said that my thoughts and love are with all who have and are suffering.

Bill

(PS Before anyone else says anything: I know the UK has continual earth tremors but apart from the very rare ones that shake the tea cups in their saucers they're mostly too small to be felt except by instruments. And I know we have more tornado's than 'Tornado Alley' but mostly they're a metre high and if given a biscuit will go happily on their way. And I know we have George Osborne in charge of the economy and David Thatcher in charge of the government, but we can be reasonably sure that come the next election they'll go quietly back in their boxes to be stored in the basement of the haunted house from which they sprang, ancient but still half alive, suffused with the blood of Margaret Thatcher, and they won't try to cling to power using the army and police.)
I know not with what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones Albert Einstein
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Jenny Doughty

Oct 31, 2012, 2:32:22 PM10/31/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
We lost power for a day and a half, but we're OK now. Good wishes to your mother, Arthur.

Jenny