The Church of England Will Have This Sorted Out Before You Can Say Antidisestablishmentarianism

Alec

Nov 23, 2012, 7:02:25 AM11/23/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHr-_bIdQ8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20443718

A cry of fury has gone-up like the Bulls of Bashan, as antidisestablishmentarianist proponents of female Bishops regroup as if retreating to Adullam's Cave.

Any other out-of-use words/phrases which jolly well should be resurrected?

~alec

Chris Roberts, Newton Meeting, Camden NJ USA

Nov 24, 2012, 9:55:06 AM11/24/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com

What a shame,  One generation establishes 2/3 majority rule and another rues the day.  Much better to have a sense of the Meeting perhaps or perhaps not.  My wife and I were delighted by the movie Life of Pi yesterday.  Took a long time  plus plenty of pain to establish a sense of that particular community - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_of_Pi_%28film%29

Chris

Janette

Nov 24, 2012, 10:34:38 AM11/24/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
I loved Life of Pi, but watched it in 3D, and there was all together too much risk of drowning...

Bill Chadkirk

Nov 24, 2012, 12:02:20 PM11/24/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com
I don't like 3D. It lacks depth and perspective. I prefer the radio.

Bill
There are two tragedies in life. One is to fail in
your hearts desire; the other is to obtain it. Oscar Wilde

A problem is a chance for you to do your best. Duke Ellington

simon gray

Nov 24, 2012, 1:23:47 PM11/24/12
to quak...@googlegroups.com

Radio gives away far too much of the story for me - as indeed do books. Using the entirety of one's own imagination to create entirely one's own stories is the only valid form of culture.

(I didn't even know the life of pi was being done in 3d - tricky decision, whether to watch in 3d at the pictures or wait until the 3d bluray comes out?)

Message has been deleted