Does God have a nature?

14 vues

Gregory

non lue,
29 déc. 2017, 13:51:1729/12/2017
à Quaestiones Disputatae: The Ite ad Thomam Forum

Nature is the intrinsic principle of motion in a thing. God is pure act. Motion is the actualization of a potency. Therefore God does not have a nature.

I know the Church has declared that God has a nature. What is wrong with my reasoning?

Gere Mia

non lue,
5 févr. 2018, 12:31:0305/02/2018
à Quaestiones Disputatae: The Ite ad Thomam Forum
The word "nature" literally refers to things that can be born (change from non-existence to existence). When referred to God, "nature" is synonymous with "essence". See how St. Thomas uses the terms in, e.g., Summa I q. 3 a. 3 c.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message