Remote play PS5, Titan 2

Dan NH

Oct 19, 2021, 7:36:13 PM10/19/21
to QuadStick
Question for people using Titan 2 and remote play for the PS5:

Enable boot in PS4 mode
enable USB-A host mode (I tried this with and without, having checked another forum thread)
Titan 2 PS4 flag

I connected the T2 to the PC, and it recognized the HORI PS4 controller.
When I opened the T2 gTuner program, I can monitor the outputs and it shows the PS4 controller behaving normally.

I open the remote play application. I use the controller but, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Fred Davison

Oct 19, 2021, 7:49:24 PM10/19/21
to Dan NH, QuadStick
I think playstation remote play only works with Sony Playstation brand controllers, not 3rd party controllers like the HORI, which the T2 emulates.

There were some discussions in the past for using X360CE plus another program that emulated a Dualshock 4 that worked for PS4 remote play.  That might work for PS5.

Dan NH

Oct 19, 2021, 7:57:18 PM10/19/21
to QuadStick
I had seen that injection library and had a few concerns about it because I tried something similar with a different DLL on an older computer, and to be honest I think it was malware. So I like to stick with sources that I trust, and I'm not sure I trust that one yet.

I'm going to try plugging in the PS5 controller that came with the console and see if that does it. I think what you're saying is that the PS5 controller itself needs to authenticate with the PC, although I think it's a little bit strange because the forum tells you to output that controller as a PS4.

I don't know much about the technical spellcasting involved to get this kind of emulation to work, so that intuitive sense of why something would work or not, I don't have.

Chris Davidson

Oct 19, 2021, 8:33:29 PM10/19/21
to QuadStick
u need the ps4/ps5 connected to the titan 2 to authenticate and don't need to even plug it into pc if you use the VDX program to trick pc into thinking xbox profile on quadstick is a ps4 controller

Fred Davison

Oct 19, 2021, 8:54:22 PM10/19/21
to Dan NH, QuadStick
The PS5 Dualsense controller cannot be used for authentication.

PS5 authentication is nothing like PS4 authentication.   With the PS4, there was a secondary stream of cryptographic authentication messages outside of the controller messages.  You could mess with the controller messages all you wanted as long as the authentication messages were passed through to the authenticating controller.  With the PS5 Dualsense each and every packet has authentication built in.  It has an uncrackable (so far) 32 bit CRC attached to the end of the packet.   There is currently no way around it without being licensed by Sony and getting access to their crypto chip or the polynomial for the CRC.

The "Specialty controller" approach, which emulates a 3rd party licensed PS4 controller, is only working for some games.  Games that require the Dualsense won't work.

This is the program that "nefarius" wrote:  https://github.com/ViGEm/ViGEmBus
It can be used with X360CE to convert the native quadstick to x360 then to DS4.

He wrote the SCP toolkit years ago.  He is legit.  Some people used that, but it was hard to use.  This new one replaced it.

Dan NH

Oct 19, 2021, 9:19:11 PM10/19/21
to QuadStick
Thanks for posting this. I feel a lot better about it being on GH.