cannot rebind profile button?

shark

Jun 26, 2020, 6:13:51 PM6/26/20
to QuadStick
hey there, i got my quadstick a few days ago but i'm having trouble swapping the binds of change profile and copy paste, i would like center sip to change the profile and the right tube to do copy paste. it also seems to swap through three profiles still even though i only have two tabs in this configuration (and it's the only configuration available on my quadstick atm). first i swapped it to puff increment, sip decrement with the right tube, which it is still doing now even though i changed the binds and redownloaded it.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

  1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ngvHRksKfQ02ficYpsxO7fQHa43X3fb7PZHZeqrOGwU/edit?usp=sharing
  2. no game, trying to setup basic mouse/windows functions configuration
  3. PC
  4. Windows 10
  5. no cronus max
  6. no third party software or equipment
  7. no voice commands

shark

Jun 26, 2020, 6:26:18 PM6/26/20
to QuadStick
i figured as soon as i posted this i would find the solution.. it seems you can't rebind the default config? (default.csv) adding it as it's own config worked.

Fred Davison

Jun 26, 2020, 6:35:45 PM6/26/20
to shark, QuadStick
A common misunderstanding in the beginning is what the difference is between changing between "modes" and changing to a different configuration profile CSV file.

A profile contains one or more "modes".   The quadstick's flash contains one or more CSV files.  By default, the side tube is used for changing between both, but modes are switched with short sip/puffs and the CSV files are switched with a much longer sip.   You can change that like you did, and you can even map any sip/puff to trigger the load_file function.

You can make any CSV file the default.csv if you want, just be sure you understand what you are doing.   If the configuration gets totally messed up, there is a way to force the quadstick to erase the flash so you can start over.   It happens sometimes.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 4:26 PM shark <wretch...@gmail.com> wrote:
i figured as soon as i posted this i would find the solution.. it seems you can't rebind the default config? (default.csv) adding it as it's own config worked.

shark

Jun 26, 2020, 8:47:18 PM6/26/20
to QuadStick
i think perhaps my terminology was incorrect but i think i am understanding the difference between switching modes within a configuration (eg default.csv) and switching between configurations (eg default.csv and mouse.csv) - am i getting it right when now saying a profile is the csv and the mode is each 'tab' within a csv?

i was unable to get the quadstick to 'respect' the bindings in the edited default.csv that i had, so i have instead reset the default to a pre-made default.csv and have made an additional profile, the additional profile is allowing me to rebind the increment mode toggle in the edited csv. for some reason when i had changed the default.csv bindings it was still using the side tube as the increment mode even though i had it set to mp center sip. (long sip on side tube still allows me to swap between csv/profiles).

i'm not too fussed by needing the secondary profile, but i was curious what i was doing wrong in case i ever do want to swap default mode. it's a lot more convenient than having to rebind my foot switches every program, let me tell you :D

Fred Davison

Jun 26, 2020, 9:09:22 PM6/26/20
to shark, QuadStick
Watch the tutorial videos made by Courage Kenny Institute and Steamy Biscuit on the video page.