Soft sip/puff inputs aren't working regardless of which game or game profile I use

Luis Ibarra

Jun 26, 2024, 8:10:15 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to quad...@googlegroups.com
Hi I have the FPS quadstick, but since the first day I used it any of the soft sip/puff inputs worked at all. For me it had not been a problem since at the beginning I did not use such complex game profiles so normal inputs were enough to me. But now that I'm using it in games that require more inputs, it's difficult for me to make game profiles since I can't use any of the soft inputs regardless of the mode (toggle, normal, tap, etc), so I end up having many game modes in a single profile and when playing that turns out to be a little uncomfortable.

This is an example of a slightly modified game profile from the original default mode game profile:

Even in this profile, which is practically the one that comes by default, soft inputs do not work, even in game profiles downloaded directly from the list that comes in the quadstick manager program that have not been modified do not work either, It doesn't matter if it is a profile for PC or for Xbox or Play, only the soft inputs do not work, the rest do. It is the same case with the spreadsheets that I modify to my liking, all the other inputs work except the soft ones.

The platform I use to play is a desktop computer with Windows 11 but it doesn't really matter if the game I'm playing it's on steam or directly from epic games or if it's just a profile to use a mouse, In none of these cases do soft inputs work.

This is an image of the configuration and all the data of my QMP:
(In case you have problems opening the image or reading its content, the most important thing is that it is version 4.03 of QMP and the build number of the firmware is the 2365, I already know that it is a test version but in the same way the problem does not disappear using the currently shipping software 2328). Thank you for your time, I hope you can help me.
Captura de pantalla 2024-06-25 092044.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-06-25 092153.png

Fred Davison

Jun 26, 2024, 11:23:01 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to Luis Ibarra, quad...@googlegroups.com
Are you holding the low pressure long enough?  Listen for the tone and HOLD the pressure in that range.  See the video:  https://youtu.be/LeGfxg5L1Tg?list=PLS9diu76SRc9609_pzm5Vla_YZV1JMHuu&t=125

image.png

You can shorten that time.  I've seen people set that down in the 250 - 300 ms range.

As far at the hardware goes, there is only one pressure sensor per hole.  There is not a separate "soft" sensor, or separate sip and puff sensors.   If soft inputs are not mapped to an output, they will not make any sound.  See the manual:  http://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/sip_puff_sensors.htm

The example you gave:

selectnormalmp_left_sip_soft
ps3normalmp_center_sip_soft
startnormalmp_right_sip_soft
touchnormalmp_left_puff_soft

has no outputs mapped to mp_center_puff_soft, mp_right_puff_soft, so puff pressures on those holes in the soft range will NOT produce any sound or flashing of the light.