What should I do to make the QuadStick less sensitive to movement during aiming?

MASZYN TETRA

Aug 2, 2018, 6:56:05 AM8/2/18
to QuadStick
What should I do to make QuadStick less sensitive to movement during aiming and more sensitive when i runnig?

Gerard H

Aug 2, 2018, 9:23:01 AM8/2/18
to QuadStick
First download the QMP if you've haven't done so already (it's in the downloads section of the Quadstick homepage). Once the QMP is installed, open it and click on the joystick tab. You should see sliders for up, down, left, and right. Increasing those zones will make the QuadStick less sensitive. You may want to backup the prefs.csv file in your QuadStiick first, so you can easily revert back your current settings if needed.

MASZYN TETRA

Aug 2, 2018, 10:58:45 AM8/2/18
to QuadStick
I would like to be less sensitive only when i aiming, not all the time.

Fred Davison

Aug 2, 2018, 11:59:01 AM8/2/18
to QuadStick
In the QMP, in the Joystick tab, look in the lower right corner and you will see something like this:

Those are the preferences that go into the prefs.csv file as a result of the slider positions.  If you want to reduce the overall sensitivity in one mode, you can increase the number for the joystick_deflection_maximum.  In this example, if I wanted the joystick to be half as sensitive, I could add a row like this to the mode sheet:

joystick_deflection_maximumnormal40

joystick_deflection_maximum is how far the joystick needs to move away from the center position to produce a 100% output to the console.  Larger numbers mean the joystick has to move farther and is less sensitive.  Adjusting the joystick_deflection_maximum affects all four directions at once.

The deflection_multiplier_* values allow the sensitivity to be adjusted in the four directions individually.   100% just passes the value through.  117% for up/down makes the joystick slightly more sensitive vertically than horizontally.  Larger numbers here means the joystick is more sensitive.

When moving the sliders on the Joystick tab, the QMP will pick the least sensitive direction and make that multiplier 100.  The other directions will always be some number equal to or greater than 100.

If you are using a mouse on a PC game, the mouse_speed preference can also be adjusted on a mode sheet and not affect the other joystick uses.

Message has been deleted

MASZYN TETRA

Aug 2, 2018, 5:14:12 PM8/2/18
to QuadStick
Its working. Thak you. This is my profile Call of Duty Black Ops PC

Fred Davison

Aug 2, 2018, 5:53:16 PM8/2/18
to QuadStick
If you want to get rid of those annoying orange error markers:

You can update the input output validation lists:

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 3:13 PM, MASZYN TETRA <tetra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Its workin. Thak you. This is my profile Call of Duty Black Ops PC
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbckJ0s41EHZIr7eup8QZzH3OR4oo25uvYVN9pZw3rc/edit#gid=19

MASZYN TETRA

Aug 2, 2018, 6:14:21 PM8/2/18
to QuadStick
Thank you. I have another one problem. I can not turn the volume down. Only 0% working. I want to go to 10%. When I enter 10 it is still loud.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Aug 3, 2018, 1:00:27 AM8/3/18
to QuadStick
Have you tried going into the games settings and seeing if there is an option to raise and lower vertical and horizontal sensitivity while aiming. I know some games have options like that.

MASZYN TETRA

Aug 4, 2018, 8:35:08 AM8/4/18
to QuadStick
I'm playing a call of duty. There you can not do it. Now I set everything in qmp

Fred Davison

Aug 4, 2018, 12:20:36 PM8/4/18
to QuadStick
You have to click on "Save preferences to Quadstick" after you make a change in the QMP