Touchpad With Titan Two

Gucci Mula

Jun 14, 2024, 11:42:41 AMJun 14
to QuadStick
Does anyone know how to press the touchpad on the PlayStation while using the Titan Two? It used to be Kb_escae but it is not working now

Fred Davison

Jun 14, 2024, 12:01:14 PMJun 14
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
We will need more details about your setup.  What is connected to what?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 9:42 AM Gucci Mula <guccim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know how to press the touchpad on the PlayStation while using the Titan Two? It used to be Kb_escae but it is not working now

Gucci Mula

Jun 14, 2024, 12:10:28 PMJun 14
to QuadStick
My Qudstck is connected to my PC
I'm using the PCPROG method
The USB is coming from my PC to the Titan Two
I have the specialty controller connected to the T2
The T2 is connected to the Magic-X
Magic-X is connected to the P5Mate
P5Mate is in the PS5

Gucci Mula

Jun 14, 2024, 12:11:42 PMJun 14
to QuadStick
Screenshot 2024-06-14 121105.png

Fred Davison

Jun 14, 2024, 1:23:54 PMJun 14
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
The Magic-X is an XBox One converter.  It has no touchpad support.  Even if the T2 was generating the touchpad output, the Magic-X will not pass it.

I would look into connecting directly from the T2 to the P5Mate.  You'll need to go into their support forum for how to set up the T2 so the P5Mate will work with it.

GTuner IV has a monitoring feature so you can see if the T2 is generating the touchpad output.

I just searched their forum for "p5mate" and nothing showed up.

Mapping the keyboard escape key to the touchpad output would be a GTuner IV issue.  They have their own input translation process that needs to be set up.

Gucci Mula

Jun 14, 2024, 2:31:48 PMJun 14
to QuadStick
When connecting the T2 to the P5Mate directly, red and yellow lights are on the T2. That means that the connection is wrong.
I watched the video by besavior on how to connect the T2 to the P5Mate but it does not to work for me
https://youtu.be/9Oc27z8pSAI?si=m_jAlXfJYC1twe7C&t=223

Fred Davison

Jun 14, 2024, 2:37:56 PMJun 14
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
There are many many settings for the T2.  They don't give any details for them in that video.  You just know it is possible.

Gucci Mula

Jun 30, 2024, 11:21:37 AM (6 days ago) Jun 30
to QuadStick
So I got the touchpad to work on the Titan Two. I bought this   Wireless Bluetooth USB Adapter for PS4, Switch, macOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, Compatible with Xbox Series X & S Controller, Xbox One Bluetooth, PS5 Controller and MoreScreenshot 2024-06-30 111853.pngScreenshot 2024-06-30 112023.png
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9MNG72J?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I connected the T2 directly into this MAYFLASH Magic-S Ultimate adapter and the directly into the PS5 touch function works.

Now when connecting the
MAYFLASH Magic-S Ultimate adapter into the P5Mate and plugging in the P5Mate into the PS5 everything works except the touch function.

I am like totally lost on what to do.
Here is my spreadsheet and QMP preferences:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qatimqLm-TP83Ve0bivRN5l7JKopvbq916PEUJsnBWk/edit?usp=sharing

Fred Davison

Jun 30, 2024, 7:00:05 PM (5 days ago) Jun 30
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
Check the color of the light on the Magic-S.  If it is not blue, the Magic-S is not in PS4 mode.  No other mode will pass the touchpad.

I've been playing around the the Quadstick direct to the P5MATE.  It works *some* of the time.

Here's my setup:
  • Boot in PS4 mode is turned off.
  • Titan Two flag is turned on
  • Firmware 2365 in the quadstick
  • Added preference setting to a config for USB mode 7
  • Added a row to force the quadstick to reconnect the USB connection when needed (ps4_authentication).
  • Added a row to force the quadstick to completely reboot when needed (reset_quadstick).
  • Example config:  DS4 for PC
ps4_authenticationnormalright_sip_soft

Force USB reconnect
reset_quadstickgreater_than 99right_puff_soft

After beep, puff really hard to reset

I tested with http://test.quadstick.com and the P5MATE connected to the PC.  You can experiment with the Quadstick and the P5MATE and see when it is working and when it is not.

Touchpad is supported.  I haven't tried motion controls yet.

The way to use it would be to connect the P5MATE between the Quadstick and the PS5, power up in USB mode 0 (the default), select a config file that uses USB mode 7, if it does not connect, trigger the ps4_authentication function until it does.

PS5 sometimes needs the PS button pressed to sense the P5MATE, so you would need to re-authenticate, then soft sip on the center hole.

Sometimes when connecting, the Quadstick completely locks up with the lights off.  Wait for a little while and it will reset on its own.  Use the big stick with the reset_quadstick if you are not having luck with triggering the authentication.

After a successful connection, it seems to stay connected indefinitely.   It seems to connect properly about half of the time with each authentication.

Gucci Mula

Jul 1, 2024, 1:12:08 PM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to QuadStick
So when I checked the color of the Magic- S it was Green ( LED Indicator in Green: PC Xinput).  That is me plugging in the T2 into the Magic- S and the Magic- S into the P5Mate and the P5Mate plugged into the PS5  When plugging Magic-S directly into the PS5 the light is blue ( LED Indicator in Blue: PS4/macOS). I see  Touch-Pad supported. (Only for PS4 console) after reading the Magic-S description. Do you think there is a way around it using the P5Mate?

Fred Davison

Jul 1, 2024, 2:49:37 PM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
Try the Quadstick to P5Mate direct like I outlined in the previous email.   I don't think the Magic-S will detect the P5Mate as a playstation, so it will always default the XInput (XBox controller).

This guy had some good troubleshooting tips the P5Mate:  https://youtu.be/u9i_ry4_Av4

Particularly about disabling Bluetooth on the PS5 until you get it all working.