x360ce tutorial

Kasey Christensen

Nov 23, 2017, 1:14:08 PM11/23/17
to QuadStick
Is there anyone out there that can do a tutorial video showing people how to set up the program in the game file and also how to adjust the controls for the game. I have yet to have any success getting this program to work in games and I'm unsure if that's because of user error or if it's because I have another program that could possibly be used as a input for a controller in this program. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Fred Davison

Nov 23, 2017, 2:29:58 PM11/23/17
to Kasey Christensen, QuadStick
Hi Kasey:

I think it is very easy to get confused about using X360ce.  At the bottom of this article there is a video showing installing x360ce for Rocket league.  Try not to fall asleep while viewing.

Not all games are compatible with x360ce.  Many multiplayer games will not allow it or simply will not recognize it.  This is the support forum for it:  http://ngemu.com/forums/x360ce.140/

If you need help with a specific game, we'll need the name and publisher.

An alternative to using x360ce is to use xbox 360 for pc mode (mode 3 instead of 2).  In that mode, the quadstick directly emulates an xbox 360 controller which most PC games work with.  You do not have access to the mouse, keyboard or flash while in USB mode 3.  The problem with some games is the controller needs to be present before the game starts or it will never be recognized.  Other games let you plug and unplug the controller at any time, so you could start in the default usb mode then switch to usb mode 3 after the game is running.  You would just have to test it.

If your PC has bluetooth, you can control the PC with the quadstick as a bluetooth mouse/keyboard while leaving the USB emulation set for mode 3.

SteamyBiscuit

Nov 24, 2017, 2:21:16 AM11/24/17
to QuadStick

Dan NH

Nov 24, 2017, 11:32:02 AM11/24/17
to QuadStick
Great video, thank you. I have used this software before, but I learned something new, also. Didn't know about adding the 32 and 64 bit library checkboxes.

SteamyBiscuit

Nov 24, 2017, 1:07:48 PM11/24/17
to QuadStick
Thanks I did forget to say to delete any already existing Xiutput before clicking X3 60 CE (I put in the description but I don't know how many people read it) I love this program or use it on 99% of myf games

Kasey Christensen

Nov 24, 2017, 6:09:57 PM11/24/17
to QuadStick
I did what you said and I think it might work. I'll have to try it when I have my quadstick set up later. I've done this a few times before but it never came up like it did this time. I tried doing this for rocket league and my folder opened but it didn't have the game application file showing in any of the folders. I launch it from my desktop using a shortcut. So I just copied and pasted X360CE in the folder that opens up when I go through steam and click on view local files.

Kasey Christensen

Nov 24, 2017, 6:13:15 PM11/24/17
to QuadStick
Also I didn't have the apply and synchronize button.

SteamyBiscuit

Nov 24, 2017, 10:09:38 PM11/24/17
to QuadStick
we can do team viewer...ppl respond well to me doing it for them  as a first example

Kasey Christensen

Feb 4, 2018, 2:21:14 AM2/4/18
to QuadStick
Yeah I think we will have to do a team viewer session because I never did manage to get it to work.

SteamyBiscuit

Feb 4, 2018, 2:41:17 AM2/4/18
to QuadStick
whenever your ready, steamyb...@gmail.com