Microsoft Games on Windows Controller-Problem

Silas Palkowski

Jan 29, 2019, 11:11:29 AM1/29/19
to QuadStick
Hi, i want to play Forza Horizon 4 on pc in xbox360ce mode but i dont know where to put the .exe file or how to put it into the gamefolder... any ideas?

SteamyBiscuit

Jan 29, 2019, 11:17:48 AM1/29/19
to QuadStick
ok x360ce will not work because microsoft doesn't give access to anything ...you have to set QS to emulation 3 to the profile to turn the QS into a x360 controller....you can't use mouse so i recommend switching profiles after your in the game

SteamyBiscuit

Jan 29, 2019, 11:25:55 AM1/29/19
to QuadStick

Silas Palkowski

Jan 29, 2019, 5:19:32 PM1/29/19
to QuadStick
Great thanks!

Logan Peterson

Jul 11, 2019, 2:34:36 PM7/11/19
to QuadStick
I watched your video with the preferences tab for usb emulation and setting up xbox360ce. If I set the controls for a game with xbox360ce how do I set hold right trigger etc. as I can with the google sheets file? You mentioned in the video you prefer using 360ce profile over QS. Why? Lastly, can i just use cronusmax to achieve this?

Logan

SteamyBiscuit

Jul 11, 2019, 9:35:21 PM7/11/19
to QuadStick
ill try my best here because im unsure on exactly what you are saying.

so i play on pc but i love using console commands over keyboard commands . if the game freezes i would also love to quickly switch back to mouse controls for browsing my desktop easily without changing profiles.

x360ce allows me to do that. x360ce allows my Qs to be recognized with default emulation (0) . which in turn allows me to play games as an xbox controller and quicky switch to mouse mode to exit the game without changing profiles.

the only time i don't use x360ce is when the game refuses to work with x360ce(rare) & any windows 10 xbox games(from the xbox app).
the solution here it to use this line in the preferences page of your specific profile
enable_DS3_emulation3DO NOT CHANGE0=Normal PS3 mode, 1=DS3 emulation, 2=X360CE mode, 3=XB360 emulation,4=PS4 emulation,5=NS

emulation 3 will force the QS to replicate a x360 controller ,but will lose the power to be a mouse /Keyboard.

you could use a cronusmax but its not worth it if you have the other 2methods available.

Fred Davison

Jul 11, 2019, 11:33:44 PM7/11/19
to QuadStick
I'll just mention a couple of other things for playing PC games that use a controller:
  1. x360ce will work with the quadstick running in either the default emulation mode (0), or x360ce mode (2).  The difference is mode 2 will allow the use of Analog triggers in games that use them, like driving games.  Mode 0 treats the triggers as buttons, on or off, 0 or 100%, nothing in between.
  2. The bluetooth module can be set up to work as a mouse & keyboard (combo), if the PC has Bluetooth, and the Quadstick can then be run in XBox 360 for PC emulation mode (3), which will work with any game that uses an X-Input controller, if x360ce won't work with that game.

SteamyBiscuit

Jul 11, 2019, 11:56:24 PM7/11/19
to QuadStick
really :D  thxs about the bluethooth tip.

Fred Davison

Jul 12, 2019, 12:02:21 AM7/12/19
to SteamyBiscuit, QuadStick

Logan Peterson

Jul 12, 2019, 9:18:16 PM7/12/19
to QuadStick
Great, I am starting to put it all together. Thank you. Just a couple quick questions.
1) If I set the prefs to ssp>2>pair do i still have control over mouse and keyboard? I want to be able to load files onto QS wirelessly.
2) How many bluetooth devices can pair to QS? I mean can i pair 2 seperate computers but use same profile. I have 2 surface pros in different rooms.
2) Can I use cronusmaxes bluetooth dongle to use for xbox1 console?
Thank you two very much. Both answers helped alot

Logan

Fred Davison

Jul 12, 2019, 11:42:08 PM7/12/19
to Logan Peterson, QuadStick
1) If I set the prefs to ssp>2>pair do i still have control over mouse and keyboard?

No.  The bluetooth module's device mode cannot change after powerup.  If you change the device mode in the preferences, you may need to remove and "re-pair" the quadstick with the PC.

2) How many bluetooth devices can pair to QS?

The user manual says it can remember up to eight hosts.

2) Can I use cronusmaxes bluetooth dongle to use for xbox1 console?
Their Bluetooth module is not compatible with the XBox One controllers.  It can be used with PS4 & PS3 wireless controllers.

The Titan Two, a newer device designed by the original CronusMax engineer, can connect wirelessly to XBox One consoles and controllers if the "Expansion kit" is installed.

Logan Peterson

Jul 13, 2019, 3:08:02 PM7/13/19
to QuadStick
My problem is if I am plugged into the xbox and need to configure and load a profile onto the QS how do I control the mouse with bluetooth on my pc if I have to have ssp to do this? I looked on the forums and manual but can't find an answer. I do see the QMP found the serial connection but I can't control the mouse to actually do anything with it. What am I doing wrong?

Logan

Fred Davison

Jul 13, 2019, 3:43:16 PM7/13/19
to Logan Peterson, QuadStick
You can't.

The Bluetooth module can be used as different kinds of devices, but can only be used as one type of device at a time. Changing the device type usually requires a power cycle.

If your console and PC are close together, and you are not using the USB-A port for an UltraStik,  you can use the USB-A port to connect to a second host.  http://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/device_mode.htm

Power always comes from the USB-B port, so make that the main host, then set up configuration files for the other host to switch to the A port.    When switching ports, the quadstick will disconnect from the first host, then connect to the second host.

Logan Peterson

Fred Davison

Jul 13, 2019, 7:53:46 PM7/13/19
to Logan Peterson, QuadStick
USB-A Host mode needs to be disabled in the global prefs.csv settings in the QMP:

image.png

Then in the individual config spreadsheet, just change the specific Preferences that need to change.  Don't put the full list of preferences in there, otherwise your global settings will be ignored:

Preferences

Can be set in prefs.csv or Preferences page in game csv file

Can be changed with voice command, or file
PreferenceValueUnitsCan be changed on Mode sheet, Command or file
enable_usb_a_device1
1=USB-A port active, 0=USB-B port active

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/quadstick.

Logan Peterson

Jul 14, 2019, 4:07:46 AM7/14/19
to QuadStick