Quadstick with a joystick or controller at the same time

Louis Var

May 3, 2020, 11:17:00 PM5/3/20
to QuadStick
The quadstick works great for me, but I have enough functionality to use one joystick, or press some buttons on the controllers for my consoles, or use my mouse for my PC.

I haven't seen much about using both things at the same time. I have the Xbox adaptive controller, and I want to use that at the same time as my quadstick (for customizing my own buttons and joystick). This way I could control the quadstick with my mouth, move a joystick with my right hand, and pressing buttons with my left hand. Is it easy to make sure this all works together?

Thanks.

Fred Davison

May 4, 2020, 2:43:05 AM5/4/20
to Louis Var, QuadStick
There is a list of supported devices in the user manual.

The quadstick is also usable in a couple of different ways with the XAC.

Louis Var

May 8, 2020, 5:51:36 PM5/8/20
to QuadStick
I see now that the XAC would work fine.

But would there be a way to use my mouse, and the quadstick for the PS4? Similarly, if I use the quadstick with my PC, can I use the mouse at the same time plugged in normally?

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 9:17 PM Louis Var <loui...@gmail.com> wrote:
The quadstick works great for me, but I have enough functionality to use one joystick, or press some buttons on the controllers for my consoles, or use my mouse for my PC.

I haven't seen much about using both things at the same time. I have the Xbox adaptive controller, and I want to use that at the same time as my quadstick (for customizing my own buttons and joystick). This way I could control the quadstick with my mouth, move a joystick with my right hand, and pressing buttons with my left hand. Is it easy to make sure this all works together?

Thanks.

Steven F

May 8, 2020, 7:12:43 PM5/8/20
to QuadStick
You can use the mouse simultaneously on PC... I don't know about console.

Fred Davison

May 8, 2020, 7:22:27 PM5/8/20
to Louis Var, QuadStick
There are several ways to combine multiple inputs devices into a system to control a console.  The Titan 2 would be able to combine the Quadstick, the XAC and a mouse to play on a PS4.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quadstick/4be76457-51a6-4027-8d00-400bf6a3b932%40googlegroups.com.

Jon

Aug 23, 2020, 11:03:32 AM8/23/20
to QuadStick
I have read several articles, the manual and seen several videos about the QuadStick and the truth is that I am tempted to buy one, but I am a bit confused and before that I would like to know if, for PC exclusively, it is possible to use the QuadStick and the controller of an Xbox 360 simultaneously, without using any other device. The user manual lists several devices that are compatible with the QuadStick, such as the DS4. Does that mean you could use the DS4 and the QuadStick simultaneously by connecting the DS4 to the USB A port? And the Xbox 360 controller can not? My idea is to operate the left joystick and some button with the Xbox controller and the rest (right joystick, etc) with the QuadStick.

Thank you very much for your help and for creating this wonderful device.

burr...@aol.com

Aug 23, 2020, 11:29:40 AM8/23/20
to QuadStick

You could use a Ultrastik with some buttons with the quadstick.

Fred Davison

Aug 23, 2020, 11:47:07 AM8/23/20
to Jon, QuadStick
The XBox 360 controller is not supported on USB port A.  They don't actually conform to the USB Human Interface Device standards with that controller.

The list of supported devices can be found in the user manual:  https://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/host_mode.htm

You can use the DS4 and get both sticks and all the buttons.   Touchpad XY location is not supported but we can detect the "press" event.

Ryan McClintick

Sep 13, 2020, 8:09:54 PM9/13/20
to QuadStick
For PC you could try GlovePie, i used it to get QS and my mouse to work at the sametime. You can use it to have multipule keyboards,joysticks, and mice to work on one PC. Not sure about controllers. but it's a free program,