QS4, a program to connect the Quadstick directly to PS Remote Play Inbox

Fred Davison

Mar 1, 2022, 9:28:58 PM3/1/22
to QuadStick
I just posted a test program that will allow a Quadstick running the current firmware (2328) and with "Boot in PS4 USB mode" turned on, to directly control the PlayStation Remote Play program for PS4 and PS5.  PS5 games should be playable.

Prior to running it, ViGEmBus must be installed.   X360CE V4.x can do that, or you can directly install it from the author:

At this point ONLY 64 Bit systems are supported.  32 bit systems will not run it.

I will be able to make a similar QSX program for PC games that use the XBox 360 controller.  No more setup of X360CE or other connecting programs will be necessary.

You just run the program and close when you are done with PS Remote Play.

The EXE is signed, but I would expect SmartScreen to complain about running it until it has "aged" for a while.

First you may see a message like this:

image.png

Click on More info, then Run anyway.   Expect it to be slow to start the first time as the Anti-virus software analyzes it.

image.png

Dan NH

Mar 1, 2022, 9:35:17 PM3/1/22
to QuadStick
Fred, I am overwhelmed by your ingenuity. Thank you. Thank you.

Fred Davison

Mar 1, 2022, 9:39:08 PM3/1/22
to Dan NH, QuadStick
It is just the basics at this point, but I should be able to do full touchscreen and gyro support in an update.

I think you should be able to click on the touchpad with this version 0.0, but I did not test it.

Dan NH

Mar 1, 2022, 9:41:49 PM3/1/22
to QuadStick
I'll be able to test on Friday/Saturday. Looking forward to it.

zouille Sébastien

Mar 2, 2022, 7:18:26 AM3/2/22
to QuadStick
Cela fonctionne aussi avec us 360 ?

Fred Davison

Mar 2, 2022, 11:37:42 AM3/2/22
to zouille Sébastien, QuadStick
I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you have an UltraStik 360, it can plug in the back of the Quadstick.

QS4 is strictly a DualShock 4 emulator.  Not an XBox 360 controller emulator.  That will be a separate program.

Fred Davison

Mar 2, 2022, 7:42:58 PM3/2/22
to QuadStick
Here is an XBox 360 version:

At this time, the Quadstick needs to have "Boot in PS4 USB mode" turned on.   Later on it will support the default (0) and x360ce (2) USB modes, but I just wanted to get out a quick test version to see if this works for everyone, or anyone.

Again, Windows SmartScreen anti-virus will probably throw a conniption fit and you will need to click "More information" and "Run anyway".

The file is digitally signed and passes all the VirusTotal tests.

Humble learner

Mar 3, 2022, 12:09:07 PM3/3/22
to QuadStick
Is it possible to run USB Emulation Mode 2 without X360CE?

Fred Davison

Mar 3, 2022, 1:08:26 PM3/3/22
to Humble learner, QuadStick
This is a test program.  It only works with Boot in PS4 USB mode turned on.  Later on other modes will be supported.  X360CE mode 2 is NOT supported yet.

fabrizio...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2022, 10:11:34 AM3/4/22
to QuadStick
is work this solution?

Dan NH

Mar 4, 2022, 7:22:43 PM3/4/22
to QuadStick
Hello Fred,

I tried out your program QS4. I installed vig bus and then I ran QS4. Do I also need to run VDX?

Norton AntiVirus gives a data warning when VDX tries to lock input.inf, fyi. Although the virustotal page is accepting of it, and Norton doesn't have any problem with the file itself.

When I use this control sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S8vaPpM_S6NV0QZayWW0iM1fGsqTCR9fPyGP560ilFk/edit#gid=803383246

with boot in PS4 mode checked in QMP,

I was able to get some kind of response from the PS remote play but it was going crazy and acting like buttons were being depressed.

Could you post an example control sheet file to work off of just so we are looking at the same thing?
I'm happy to test this for you. I also have an Xbox series X so I can test the other program, but maybe we should do one at a time.

Fred Davison

Mar 4, 2022, 7:43:27 PM3/4/22
to Dan NH, QuadStick
Remove this row from the Preferences sheet

image.png

That is overwriting the Boot in PS4 USB mode preference in the global preferences file.

VDX is not needed.

Dan NH

Mar 4, 2022, 7:55:55 PM3/4/22
to QuadStick
I updated the sheet. Same problem. When I use the joystick, I feel like it's pressing buttons to activate screenshot Feature, for example, instead of the directions. I wonder something is up with the mapping?

Fred Davison

Mar 4, 2022, 8:08:01 PM3/4/22
to Dan NH, QuadStick
Looks like you had the Boot in PS4 USB mode set correctly, then turned it back off a few minutes later.   The last save preferences has that setting turned off.

Dan NH

Mar 4, 2022, 8:36:13 PM3/4/22
to QuadStick
I don't believe it. It works.

Did you try this with a native  PS5 game? Should I risk that purchase?

Fred Davison

Mar 4, 2022, 8:44:37 PM3/4/22
to Dan NH, QuadStick
There are some free PS5 demos available:  Matrix Awakens and Astro's Playroom.  Those will both give you an error message with a DS4 controller directly connected to the PS5 when you launch them.

Dan NH

Mar 4, 2022, 8:52:04 PM3/4/22
to QuadStick
Astro's Playroom.. There is

Dan NH

Mar 4, 2022, 8:52:55 PM3/4/22
to QuadStick

I meant to say, it's working. Great job Fred! I will test the Xbox tomorrow.

fabrizio...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2022, 12:43:01 PM3/5/22
to QuadStick
i want to try to play Gran Turismo 7 do i have to install only VIGE or x360 too?

Dan NH

Mar 5, 2022, 12:49:18 PM3/5/22
to QuadStick
Just follow the original post order.

"No more setup of X360CE or other connecting programs will be necessary."

Fred Davison

Mar 5, 2022, 12:51:05 PM3/5/22
to fabrizio...@gmail.com, QuadStick
ViGEmBus must be installed first.  X360CE also uses ViGEmBus and can install it for you, but X360CE is not needed for this program to work.

See the first post in this thread for links to install ViGEmBus.