New user questions. default.csv. Mouse buttons click.

caramba

Dec 29, 2018, 3:33:55 AM12/29/18
to QuadStick

1. Do I understand correctly that QuadStick has a preset Mouse2 profile as default.csv. So for my Mac Mini, should I rename the mac.csv profile to default.csv and upload to QuadStick?

2. mac.csv has no keyboard mode. Is there any reason to copy it from Mouse2 and paste it into mac.csv, considering the features of the mac OS keyboard?

3. How do you make a long press of the left mouse button to drag-and-drop something on the screen?

How do you double-click or triple-click a mouse?

Thanks

Fred Davison

Dec 29, 2018, 12:50:12 PM12/29/18
to caramba, QuadStick
Configuration profiles have two names, the name of the Spreadsheet in Google Drive and the name of the CSV file that resides in the quadstick.  The CSV filename comes from cell A2 of the first sheet in the spreadsheet.  The CSV filename can be changed by the user, either in their own copy of the spreadsheet, or by renaming the CSV file itself.

If your quadstick was ordered with the default configuration for a Mac, its default.csv file will be the Mac configuration.

The issue with the Mac is the names of some of the keys are changed from the PC and when first connecting the Quadstick to a Mac it may ask you to press a couple of specific keys (z & /) so it can identify the type of keyboard.  That should only happen once.  The Mac profile has two rows at the bottom of the first sheet to help with that:

kb_znormalmp_left_center_sip_soft
kb_slashnormalmp_left_center_puff_soft
  • kb_left_gui is the Command key
  • kb_left_alt is the Option key
  • kb_left_control is the Control key.
The Command key in OSX is used like the Control key is for PC's in combination with other keys for functions like cut, copy & paste.

Most people use the On Screen Keyboard on the PC.  I don't know what the equivalent program is for the Mac.  The quadstick can generate any keyboard scan code but using it as the main way to enter letters would probably be slower and more error prone than using a point and click method.

An example of having the quadstick hold the left mouse button down for dragging can be found in Mouse2:

mouse_left_buttondelayed_latch 1000mp_center_puff

If you hold the puff for longer than a second, it will continue holding it until you puff again.

Double or triple clicks can be done directly.  You can adjust the timing for detecting double & triple clicks in the Mac preference settings.  There are output functions that can deliver pulses that could also be use for double or triple clicks.

caramba

Dec 29, 2018, 3:17:17 PM12/29/18
to QuadStick

Thank you Fred.

About the default profile and csv file - I saw it, of course! But I'm not sure that QuadStick was ordered with the mac configuration. Most likely with the usual configuration.