Alien: Isolation/Resident Evil 7

Sean A

Feb 3, 2017, 10:19:13 PM2/3/17
to QuadStick
Anyone playing Alien: Isolation that would want to look over my custom profile and possibly offer suggestions? Also, I imagine that Resident Evil 7 has similar controls but I haven't played it, anyone play/finish it and want to share their csv profile?

Fred Davison

Feb 3, 2017, 10:42:53 PM2/3/17
to Sean A, QuadStick
Hey Sean:

Go ahead and post a link to your spreadsheet.  I have not played it, but I know some people have.  What platform?

Fred

Sean A

Feb 3, 2017, 10:59:50 PM2/3/17
to QuadStick, bathhou...@gmail.com
I'm playing on PC, but I used the Xbox 360 for PC profile as a template. I'm thinking about remaking it as a keyboard/mouse.

Fred Davison

Feb 4, 2017, 6:21:44 PM2/4/17
to Sean A, QuadStick
The downside to the XBox 360 for PC profile is you don't have simultaneous access to the mouse/keyboard functions, because it's like unplugging the quadstick and plugging in an XBox 360 controller when you activate the game profile.

X360CE allows game controller, mouse+keyboard, flash drive, even voice commands over USB, at the same time.  It's just a more complicated setup.

Using a game controller vs keyboard/mouse with a PC game can give you easier to remember screen-hints (like A for jump), smoother character movement, and sometimes, easier play.

In your spreadsheet, repeat 27 is probably too fast (27 times per second).  The default is 10 time per second, but you might experiment with lower numbers, like 3 or 4

Sean A

Feb 5, 2017, 5:32:42 PM2/5/17
to QuadStick, bathhou...@gmail.com
Thanks for the replies, Fred
I mostly used the Xbox for PC profile for a specific in-game function. After more testing I realized that it's impossible to do the security access tuner parts without the mouse, to my knowledge. For some reason I thought it would be impossible with keyboard/mouse but I realized that it can be done the same way so I made a revised keyboard/mouse profile that hopefully makes more sense. It's still a work in progress though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lAjn_D5BLhdOv1KP5sg-jtbdwXHX8j_kk3cFETJqMEQ/edit#gid=1217847899

Fred Davison

Feb 5, 2017, 5:44:59 PM2/5/17
to Sean A, QuadStick
It's looking good.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

SteamyBiscuit

Feb 5, 2017, 7:32:48 PM2/5/17
to QuadStick
OK here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NI1u3rOb6sYvIIofFCQs5F-TbmhAIhrxXuhwCRL41_Y

I never played the game but I seen the gameplay and looks like outlast and killing floor mechanic aspect of it if needed you still need to add the X360 emulation preferences if playing all windows 10 App Store

Kasey Christensen

Feb 7, 2017, 8:24:56 PM2/7/17
to QuadStick, bathhou...@gmail.com
Hey Fred is there a way to get two controls to pulse back and forth? I'm trying to play tomb raider definitive edition and it needs me to hit the left stick left and right quickly and I can't do it fast enough but I was wondering if I set the left joystick left and right to a button such as left-center puff with pulse 5 if that would work for something like that. Or would it tried to do both functions at once?

Fred Davison

Feb 7, 2017, 8:40:50 PM2/7/17
to Kasey Christensen, QuadStick, Squawk Squawk
Could you map them to a sip & puff on the same hole?  You could probably alternate that pretty quickly.

Kasey Christensen

Feb 8, 2017, 2:16:36 AM2/8/17
to QuadStick, christ...@gmail.com, bathhou...@gmail.com
I could but there are other buttons that I need to use more frequently.