Quadstick Basics 101

Bianca Conti

Aug 27, 2016, 3:10:55 PM8/27/16
to QuadStick
I just got my Quadstick two weeks ago and after having spent several hours already to get the ChronusMax to work on my Xbox, I was finally able to use the Quadstick on the home menu of my Xbox One today. Unfortunately, after I selected the game I wanted to play (the only one I have right now - Minecraft), it froze and the Quadstick would no longer move on the screen. (But it would work with the wireless remote...)
1- Anyone can think of the reason for this to happen?
2- I looked at the Quadstick application and under Game Profile, I can't seem to figure out how to import a profile on the application. (I have looked at SteamyBiscuit's introduction video but couldn't figure out how to do it.) Can anyone help me with that as well?

FYI - I am a Mac user running Windows 10 using Parallel Desktop. Hoping to be able to play Minecraft and other games e.g. Call of Duty, Tomb Raider, Halo, and more...

Fred Davison

Aug 27, 2016, 3:40:26 PM8/27/16
to Bianca Conti, QuadStick
Hi Bianca:

You cannot use the wireless controller at the same time as the QuadStick.  The wireless controller must be un-powered after authenticating the CronusMax.  The reason is the CronusMax borrows the secret code from the wireless controller and if both are on, the console will only respond to the wireless controller.  The way to insure there is no conflict is to remove the battery pack from the controller before using it to authenticate the CronusMax.  See step 3 in the CM user manual page in the link below:

http://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_crossover_controllers_connecting_to_xbox_one_without_a_usb_hub.htm

Each game console has its own little quirks like this when used with the CronusMax.  If that turns out not to be the problem, let me know.

The QMP should run fine under Parallels.  You may need to explicitly tell the VM to let the guest OS (Windows) have access to USB devices like the QuadStick, instead of assigning them by default to the Host (Mac).  I use vmware and there is a setting to automatically assign new devices to the guest when they are plugged it, so if I plug in the QuadStick after starting the VM, it will show up in Windows.   There are commands to do it manually, too.

When the QMP starts up, look in the lower left corner message transcript.  It will tell you if found the QuadStick, or not.  BTW, there is a new QMP.  The announcement is in the forum.

Fred

SteamyBiscuit

Aug 27, 2016, 9:40:35 PM8/27/16
to QuadStick
that was an old video i really need to redo them

Richard Kramer

Aug 28, 2016, 2:57:22 AM8/28/16
to QuadStick

When I first started using the quadstick I went for a game like skyrim because its hack and slash and relatively easy to play just on the default set up :-)

It is also a good learning game for muscle memory & brain memory to remember where everything is :-) but in saying that it was a fantastic journey & once I finished it I restarted again just to improve things even more. It will take a couple of months to finish depending on how often you play. Do you use the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one?

I have now gone on to play the witcher 3 which I really love had so much fun in that game :-) definitely not for children just as a warning because of the adult content :-) :-) :-) many good chuckles & my carers heads turning very sharply with some of the comments made within the game when they have been watching me play :-)

If you have a play either of these games drop me a line and I would be more than happy to share information best way to level up and stuff

The quad stick has bought me so much joy and fun & adventure. Having been in a wheelchair almost 34 years now, most of that time watching my younger brother & nephews gaming away while I was the ever faithful sidekick who remembered where everything is in a game :-) ammo health supplies blah blah blah. So yes now I am making up for lost time. There are also a few other devices out there one that allows you to play music called "the Jamboxx" & another called The CamRanger that makes photography really easy for people with high level disabilities to operate your DSLR from your smart device remotely, in which you are able to change all of the functions on your camera

Hope welcome to the quadstick club :-)

Cheers from Richard down under in Oz