risk of rain 2

Hashbrowns

Mar 28, 2019, 9:34:01 PM3/28/19
to QuadStick
I am having difficulty making my controller work correctly with this game. When I try and use the left directional control stick to run, no forwards or backwards movement just left and right. I haven't tried much else. But if somebody else knows something, please let me know.

Fred Davison

Mar 28, 2019, 11:01:44 PM3/28/19
to Hashbrowns, QuadStick
That looks like an amazing game.  It supports both keyboard & mouse, and game controller, and it lets you switch back and forth between USB modes after the game starts.

I'd recommend using the XBox 360 for PC mode.  Launch the game in mouse mode, then switch to controller mode.   That way you get some aim assist and screen prompts for controller buttons instead of letters.

We'll need to see your configuration file if you need help figuring things out.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:34 PM Hashbrowns <hashbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am having difficulty making my controller work correctly with this game. When I try and use the left directional control stick to run, no forwards or backwards movement just left and right. I haven't tried much else. But if somebody else knows something, please let me know.

Hashbrowns

Mar 29, 2019, 4:14:48 AM3/29/19
to QuadStick
I use the xbox360ce, just like in my other steam games, and this setup https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0fHAA6GJ0VL4Ay2cunQtsdbX5bu2XFoMqzGIanav5Y/edit?usp=sharing
I use this configuration for any shooting games really. I forgot to mention I had a similar issue with Left 4 dead 2, but I wasn't interested in that game enough to bring it up before.

On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 10:01:44 PM UTC-5, Fred Davison - QuadStick wrote:
That looks like an amazing game.  It supports both keyboard & mouse, and game controller, and it lets you switch back and forth between USB modes after the game starts.

I'd recommend using the XBox 360 for PC mode.  Launch the game in mouse mode, then switch to controller mode.   That way you get some aim assist and screen prompts for controller buttons instead of letters.

We'll need to see your configuration file if you need help figuring things out.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:34 PM Hashbrowns <hashbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am having difficulty making my controller work correctly with this game. When I try and use the left directional control stick to run, no forwards or backwards movement just left and right. I haven't tried much else. But if somebody else knows something, please let me know.

Fred Davison

Mar 29, 2019, 12:54:21 PM3/29/19
to Hashbrowns, QuadStick
Cell A1 in the first sheet must have the words "Profile Name".  This tells the quadstick what type of sheet it is.

The second error is a blank output name in Row 20 of sheet 1, and row 25 of the last sheet.  No blank rows are allowed.    The first row with a blank Output Name will terminate the sheet.

The third problem is this was made from an older spreadsheet.  The "Quadstick" menu in the menu bar has replaced by the Addons->Quadstick menu, and the some of the Google services that it used has been discontinued.

  • Under Tools->Script Editor, select and delete all the text in Code.gs so that it is blank, then click the floppy icon.
  • Close the Quadstick Scripts window and reload the spreadsheet.   The Quadstick menu item is be gone.
  • Next go into Addons->Quadstick->Update validation.

The spreadsheet should be up to date

Hashbrowns

Mar 30, 2019, 1:54:47 AM3/30/19
to QuadStick
I didn't realize the email reply didn't go straight to this page. I still can use  help.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:17 PM Fred Davison <fred.davison> wrote:
Ask in the forum. Somebody else is probably interested in the game.

Did you try the specific configuration I suggested?  XBox 360 for PC Configuration.  Steam games will not work with the default USB profile, you have to be in either XBox 360 for PC mode or running x360ce.  Your configuration file does not have a Preferences sheet to place the quadstick in to the XBox 360 for PC mode (3).

Preferences

Can be set in prefs.csv or Preferences page in game csv file

Can be changed with voice command, or file
PreferenceValueUnitsCan be changed on Mode sheet, Command or file
enable_DS3_emulation3
0=Normal composite device mode, 1=Dual Shock 3 emulation, 2=X360CE mode, 3=XBox 360 emulation

Turn off all Steam controller settings.

image.png

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:22 PM Evan <hashbrowns> wrote:
I also noticed that whenever I press downward on my right stick it fires the weapon in the game. Which am not mistaken, is the right trigger.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:19 PM Evan <hashbrowns> wrote:
The closest I've gotten it to work is like I said in my previous reply, but I forgot to say that was after deleting the x360ce stuff. I was using steam's Xbox 360 controller support stuff.I tried using the default configuration as well. It's not the configurations.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:04 PM Fred Davison <fred.davison> wrote:
Remove the x360ce dlls from the game's binary folder and try the XBox 360 for PC configuration, which is probably already on your quadstick.

If that basically works, then I would recommend using a custom config made from the XBox 360 for PC config.

I can't help you debug x360ce.  Steamy Biscuit (Jeffrey Zaragoza) might be to help you since he uses it a lot.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 7:49 PM Evan <hashbrowns> wrote:
I still have not gotten the controller to work with the game correctly.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:39 PM Fred Davison <fred.davison> wrote:
x360ce has some advantages, because you have simultaneous access to the game controller plus mouse/keyboard/flash, but is more complicated to set up.

There is a specific USB mode (2) for x360ce to allow analog triggers.  The default usb mode (0) just treats those as buttons, due to the way Windows reads "direct-input" controllers.  Driving games in particular need analog triggers.

Some games will not work with x360ce, or they will mistakenly detect that you are cheating, since x360ce uses some of the same techniques to hook into the game as used by cheating software.   You really need to research what games will and will not work with x360ce.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM Evan <hashbrowns> wrote:
Should I keep the xbox360ce program or do you know?