Testing Quadstick gaming code with no Quadstick

Sophie

Feb 14, 2020, 3:32:54 PM2/14/20
to QuadStick
Good Afternoon Everyone,

First of all, thank you to everyone on this forum. I've learned so much from everybody's questions and answers.

I'm working with a number of gamers with quadriplegia to develop adaptive gaming technologies. Two of the gamers use quadsticks and love them. I work with them to create and update the game profiles they use for each game. I work with them about once a week and then take their feedback and make changes to the game profiles. Unfortunately, I can't actually test these changes until they come back the following week as I do not have my own quadstick.

So my question is, is there a software that I could use to simulate quadstick input to view the associated output when using my code? If I could see the output on x360 that would definitely fit my needs.

I'm very aware that this may not be possible, but if anyone can help I think you guys can.

Thank you!!

Dan NH

Feb 14, 2020, 5:38:04 PM2/14/20
to QuadStick
If you are doing a lot of work with folks that have mobility impairments, invest in a quadstick! It would be good for them, good for you, and good for Fred. :-)

You might even like it yourself, with or without a mobility impairment. I'm not sure how you would fake a quadstick. The code is not open source, so I don't know how you would emulate it.

Sophie

Feb 16, 2020, 4:49:14 PM2/16/20
to QuadStick
I’ve used theirs minimally and love it. Definitely working on getting my hands on one, but wanted an intermediate solution :) Guess I have to speed up my search for one myself :)