Remote play after update

mele...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2023, 1:52:24 PM3/8/23
to QuadStick
I awoke this morning to try to play some Elden Ring using remote play and was prompted to update. Ever since updating, I no longer have control of the PS5. Is anybody else having this problem? I think the PS5 itself also updated

Fred Davison

Mar 8, 2023, 3:33:07 PM3/8/23
to mele...@gmail.com, QuadStick
Looks like you are right.  Mine updated too and ViGEmBus no longer works with PS Remote Play.

Nothing is showing in the ViGEmBus github repository issues or discussions yet.

Plugging in a DS4 still allows playing PS5 games over remote play, so it is not the DS4 vs Dual Sense difference that is causing the problem.
Using a Titan Two in PS 4 output protocol mode still works with PS Remote Play.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 11:52 AM mele...@gmail.com <mele...@gmail.com> wrote:
I awoke this morning to try to play some Elden Ring using remote play and was prompted to update. Ever since updating, I no longer have control of the PS5. Is anybody else having this problem? I think the PS5 itself also updated

Gucci Mula

Mar 8, 2023, 3:45:31 PM3/8/23
to QuadStick
So can we play ps5 games anymore or is it back to only ps4 games
Should I purchase this  Besavior https://www.beloader.com/products/besavior-1.html
Will this allow me to play ps5 games and bypass the remote play

Fred Davison

Mar 8, 2023, 3:53:54 PM3/8/23
to Gucci Mula, QuadStick
Can't play any games, PS4 or PS5, using ViGEmBus (which is what QMP 4 uses to emulate a Dual Shock 4).  PS Remote Play no longer registers ViGEmBus as a controller after the PS Remote Play update.

I'm curious to hear from any Beloader users if they are having issues.

Brian Sawyer

Mar 8, 2023, 6:52:13 PM3/8/23
to Fred Davison, Gucci Mula, QuadStick
What about Chiaki remote play

Sent from my iPad

Fred Davison

Mar 8, 2023, 7:06:55 PM3/8/23
to Brian Sawyer, Gucci Mula, QuadStick
DUDE!  I have never heard of this thing before!   Standby Houston....

Fred Davison

Mar 8, 2023, 7:45:24 PM3/8/23
to Brian Sawyer, Gucci Mula, QuadStick
Chiaki remote play is working with QMP 4 and ViGEmBus!  It also works with the Quadstick by itself in mode 7 (no QMP running).

The setup is a pain in the rear, but it does work.  I'm going experiment with this some more before tying to write up instructions.

Brian Sawyer

Mar 8, 2023, 8:03:36 PM3/8/23
to Fred Davison, QuadStick
Great news! Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Dan NH

Mar 8, 2023, 9:56:54 PM3/8/23
to QuadStick
Chiaki remote play safe? I'm curious why people would make this kind of thing for free.

Fred Davison

Mar 8, 2023, 11:18:32 PM3/8/23
to Dan NH, QuadStick
It is open source.  You can build it yourself or install a pre-compiled binary.

It apparently runs on several different platforms.

Users of DS4Windows, which uses ViGEmBus, were reporting problems with the update to remote play.  https://old.reddit.com/r/DS4Windows/

Also, in the Remote Play subreddit they were reporting issues:  https://old.reddit.com/r/remoteplay/

I suspect the ViGEmBus developer will be aware of it soon.

Here's a how-to with 27 easy steps to use Chiaki:

I wasn't aware of it prior to today.  I wonder if it would be possible to strip it down to a program that was the equivelent of a Beloader.  No display, just sending the control data.

Fred Davison

Mar 9, 2023, 12:01:17 AM3/9/23
to Dan NH, QuadStick

Will Hermann

Mar 9, 2023, 11:44:27 AM3/9/23
to QuadStick
I can confirm that this solution works

Brian Sawyer

Mar 9, 2023, 12:04:00 PM3/9/23
to Will Hermann, QuadStick

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 9, 2023, 9:09:19 PM3/9/23
to QuadStick
I downloaded this and like Brian I couldn't figure out my base 64 ID. Also is the pin the number that comes up when you go to remote play on the PlayStation system settings and try to link the PlayStation 5?

Brian Sawyer

Mar 9, 2023, 9:37:58 PM3/9/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
I did this

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2023, at 6:09 PM, Ikonosaurus Rex <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

I downloaded this and like Brian I couldn't figure out my base 64 ID. Also is the pin the number that comes up when you go to remote play on the PlayStation system settings and try to link the PlayStation 5?

brober86

Mar 9, 2023, 11:42:32 PM3/9/23
to QuadStick
Sony keeps giving the middle finger to anyone who can't use a Dual Sense controller.

I nearly bought a PS5 after Christmas.

But these sorts of shenanigan's just make me want to boycott their console & stick to PC.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 10, 2023, 1:50:24 AM3/10/23
to QuadStick
I kinda feel the same way but to me PlayStation has much better exclusives and I don't want to wait years for them to be released on Xbox and PC. Also I didn't have to purchase the PS5 for myself, the PVA got it for me.

Brian Sawyer

Mar 10, 2023, 12:37:11 PM3/10/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
Worth to try
I didn’t update my rp and use it
Don’t know if it works on the new version of rp

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2023, at 10:50 PM, Ikonosaurus Rex <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

I kinda feel the same way but to me PlayStation has much better exclusives and I don't want to wait years for them to be released on Xbox and PC. Also I didn't have to purchase the PS5 for myself, the PVA got it for me.

Fred Davison

Mar 10, 2023, 3:03:22 PM3/10/23
to Brian Sawyer, Will Hermann, QuadStick
Obtaining your PSN ID for setting up Chiaki, or BeLoader, can be confusing.  I created a redirect to help start the process:

Follow that link and then follow the instructions on the page that displays in your browser.  At the end of the process, your ID will be the last line displayed.  Copy that line into the settings when adding your console to Chiaki.

When I ran Chiaki, it automatically discovered my PS4 and PS5 consoles on my network.  When I double clicked on one I was asked for my PSN ID and the PIN number from the console.  Once you have the PSN ID from the above process, you can get the PIN number from the console by going into its remote play settings and choosing Add Device.

We are primarily interested in Chiaki (or PS Remote Play) for sending the controller data, so the gaming display would normally be connected to the console once the connection is established, but if you want to play via Chiaki on the PC, and you find the sound is crackling, close Chiaki, go into its audio folder and delete the qtaudio_windows.dll file, then restart Chiaki.  That cleaned up the sound for me.

Chiaki is one method of dealing with the PS Remote Play update breaking ViGEmBus compatibility.

Rolling back to the previous version of PS Remote Play and patching it may be better for some people.

If you have a PS4 console, remember you can remote play from it to the PS5 and avoid all this nonsense.

I'll keep monitoring the ViGEmBus github for any updates.

Sony really grinds my gears.

Brian Sawyer

Mar 10, 2023, 3:23:26 PM3/10/23
to Fred Davison, Will Hermann, QuadStick
This is better than what I did-request Sony for my data and copy the account number

import base64

user_id = int(ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE)

user_id_base64 = base64.b64encode(user_id.to_bytes(8, "little")).decode()

print()

print("This is your AccountID:")

print(user_id_base64)

exit(0)

On https://www.programiz.com/python-programming/online-compiler/

Sent from my iPad

Brian Sawyer

Mar 11, 2023, 1:45:34 AM3/11/23
to Fred Davison, Will Hermann, QuadStick

fabrizio...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2023, 10:08:57 AM3/11/23
to QuadStick

chiaki only works in mode 7 why?

Fred Davison

Mar 11, 2023, 11:20:16 AM3/11/23
to fabrizio...@gmail.com, QuadStick

I didn't know Chiaki worked in mode 7.  That's nice.

The version of QMP (4.02) you are using will not reconnect to the Quadstick if the Quadstick USB mode changes.   Don't change your USB mode (like to 7 or 3 or anything) or restart QMP to have it connect to the Quadstick so QMP can do its job.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 12, 2023, 6:44:49 PM3/12/23
to QuadStick
This is the 2nd day I have tried using the PS remote play after rolling back to the previous version and it has asked for me to update. After saying no it asks to link my PS5. Has anyone else had it where they needed to link their PlayStation every time they started up there PlayStation to play through remote play? I'm not sure if it is because of the rollback or because my Internet kicked out for a while.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 12, 2023, 6:59:01 PM3/12/23
to QuadStick
I found out that if you're going to use chiaki you can't be using a VPN otherwise your PlayStation won't show up and you can't connect manually.

Fred Davison

Mar 12, 2023, 7:16:48 PM3/12/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick

That fixes the problem for me.  If Sony pushes out another update, run the patcher again.  It retrieves the new version number from the Sony website and sticks into the file properties for the old version.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 12, 2023, 7:17:25 PM3/12/23
to QuadStick
I have been unable to use the touchpad when playing using chiaki, is anyone else having the same problem?

Brian Sawyer

Mar 12, 2023, 8:10:36 PM3/12/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
4th days here and it has never asked me to update rp or link my ps4/5 again
Did you download the previous version and the patch-it did ask me to link my ps5 before I added the patch
Click on the release.zip
If no patch-rp will ask you to link your PlayStation every time

Sent from my iPad

On Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 10:20:16 AM UTC-6 Fred Davison - QuadStick wrote:

I didn't know Chiaki worked in mode 7.  That's nice.

The version of QMP (4.02) you are using will not reconnect to the Quadstick if the Quadstick USB mode changes.   Don't change your USB mode (like to 7 or 3 or anything) or restart QMP to have it connect to the Quadstick so QMP can do its job.

Fred Davison

Mar 12, 2023, 8:21:41 PM3/12/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
It turns out there are several slightly different versions of Chiaki (and DS4Windows for that matter) put out by different people.

Here are a couple of ones to try:
The second one is based on the first one and has some other changes.

I just tested them both with a DS4 and QS (in PS4 Boot mode + QMP 4.03), and touchpad position worked for both controllers and both Chiakis.   The Chiaki I linked to yesterday does not pass the touchpad movement.

Just to check, I also tested PS Remote Play version 5.x that has been patched to think it is version 6.0 and it worked with the Quadstick touchpad, too.

The sound through the Chiaki's were scratchy on my PC.  The earlier Chiaki had scratchy sound, but deleting a DLL file fixed the problem, but these two versions don't have that DLL file.  Their file layout looks very different than the first version.

Chiaki is interesting but I think uninstalling PS Remote Play version 6.0 and installing the prior version and patching will work better for most people.

I tried reading through the code for Chiaki to see if we could fold portions of it into QMP, but it is so sparsely commented that I can't even tell where to start.

Richard Kramer

Mar 12, 2023, 9:18:22 PM3/12/23
to Fred Davison, Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
I got rid of my PS5 it is ridiculously painful how they have gone in their direction, even cancelled my PSN membership after almost 10 years, tried the Titan Two even with Fred's help it did not want to work every time, so I went with the Kronos Zen & PS5 dongle which work no problem, but Sony seems to be moving the goalposts every time so I gave up on them.

My Xbox series X simple plug and play with the wingman XB

Thanks for your help Fred always appreciated

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 13, 2023, 2:12:43 AM3/13/23
to QuadStick
At this point it might be better just to go with Xbox because of this reason and because PlayStation games will eventually end up on PC and Xbox.

Will Hermann

Mar 13, 2023, 7:15:41 AM3/13/23
to Ikonosaurus Rex, QuadStick
I just got the Besavior and it’s really easy to use

On Mar 13, 2023, at 2:12 AM, Ikonosaurus Rex <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

At this point it might be better just to go with Xbox because of this reason and because PlayStation games will eventually end up on PC and Xbox.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QuadStick" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quadstick/30614487-2ca8-4d26-a758-c213797639cen%40googlegroups.com.

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 13, 2023, 6:46:57 PM3/13/23
to QuadStick
Have you found any real benefit to using Chiaki over the previous version of PS remote play?

fabrizio...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2023, 6:17:00 AM3/14/23
to QuadStick
I do. No input lag

pike...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2023, 8:39:03 AM3/14/23
to QuadStick

Where and how do i download  Chiaki

Ikonosaurus Rex

Mar 14, 2023, 1:30:31 PM3/14/23
to QuadStick
I haven't found any input lag using PS remote play and I'm playing over Wi-Fi although I have pretty decent Internet speeds of around 50–60 Mbs. Pike Fred listed a couple links to where you can download it six posts above your response on here.

Sean Horrorguy420

Mar 15, 2023, 4:47:45 PM3/15/23
to QuadStick
The only thing I find better about PS Remote Play is the Touchpad click gets mapped to the share button. Chiaki you have to use a KB key... unless someone knows a way around that. There's also PSPlay which is another 3rd party remote play app, but I couldn't get it to recognize my QS through Bluestacks.
Message has been deleted